close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One Hell of a Theory !

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dango, Sep 17, 2012.

1. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    I was inspired to do this after reading all the replies from the
    "RETIREMENT ISN"T A RIGHT" thread ! Let us take this whole thing to a higher level.People are pissing and moaning over SS.
    Social Security !
    Any one here ever heard or play the board game Stratego ?
    It's a land-scape with grids or squares similar of a chess board.
    Planet earth the board! Strategies apply here same as in the game.
    You set up strategical areas to protect something. You do not give something for nothing.You are protecting something of worth. What ? A passage to and from or access or some resource. No noble cause , only profit, personal gain and corruption dictate your next move.
    How much do we spend on this so called war."This ones' for you rabbi, How many dollars do we shell out to aid foreign soil.
    After we get what we came for. Who gets the wealth? And how much?
    You want to cut SS, I say quit giving it away.Rabbi , I need you on this one , numbers and all.
    Just how much are they spending on this so called "Noble" cause" ? Aid , military, how much and who's getting it ?
    Have at it numbers man , you wanna save a few nickles,stop the wars. No humble or Noble cause here.

2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    You are confusing issues to prove a point.

Because my car is blue doesnt mean ice cream tastes bad.

My car being blue is one issue and the taste of ice cream is another. In this case, retirement is one issue and the other things the government spends money on is another.

On another note, What are you calling me out for? (most everyone was "against you" in that thread) You make up an issue because you didnt like my stance on your pet issue and act like an ass because you think I may feel a certain way about, well I am not sure, War? Foreign Aid? Parker Brothers? (you are all over the place)

Have your tantrum. Enjoy.

3. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    The issue here is only saving money and the retirement thing was only an inspiration to consider an alternative . After all it is about money and the saving of it .And your stance on that issue , I always respect your opinion and knowledge,I humbly ask for your wisdom and help here .

Nothing but good intentions Rabbi , you are the man and your opinion
    matters a great deal , Help me !

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    You didnt (and I dont think have) formed a very cogent thought stating that.

Anyways, No, it doesnt work that way at all. Taking from one man to give it to another who did not earn it is generally wrong. The idea that you think "well, what if we save that money so we can spend it on what I think is right..." is also wrong.

The availablity of funds doesnt make it right, it just means that the theft from the earning party was greater.

If you have extra money at the end of the day, whos money is it? The man who paid it in or the person who did nothing to earn it?

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Sadly, thru out history it has been proven that the man with the biggest guns (power, force, might) is the rightful owner of those assets.

6. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Bla Bla Bla OK your right and I am wrong sorry. Now I still need your help. You are the ONLY one I would even consider to ask
    because of your skills and mastery with numbers.

7. Dango you just stated your idiocy in one reply.

8. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
  9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    aah. It is great to view some of these fun threads. :)

10. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I feel the same way...my post was just because I was left speechless and that was the first thing I thought of. I then went onto the OX and Alex Forum here and read some of dango's other threads...oooh boy, we have a live one! :rofl:

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Since I have never drank or smoked, or done any sort of drugs, I often sit and reflect into my belly button as to what level of control one would need to NOT post when inebriated, high or totally **** faced.

:supergrin:

12. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    It does if you've been rubbing your ice cream cone on your fading blue car.

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    A dango ate your ice-cream. . . . in a blue car. :rofl:

14. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    That's not what that thread was about at all, but if I understand what you're asking, federal spending on foreign aid is a tiny drop in the bucket.

In FY 2011 we spent ~$730 billion on Social Security payouts (~22% of our budget). We spent ~$55 billion on foreign aid (~1% of our budget). Cutting all foreign aid doesn't even move the needle.

15. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Well HOORAY for you, probably a virgin to.. So what's your point?
    I"ll find my own numbers than. Control? I'm sporting that right
    now cause I ain't letting you have "Both-Barrels" !:tongueout:

16. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

You must have hurt his feelings.

17. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Dang, read the OP and now my migraine from last night is coming back.

:faint:

18. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    Well D**K_WEED , What happens in the OAF stays in the OAF!
    Sort of sacred ground !
    This is the place for the Cro-magnon children to rant and raveI

19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Meds are your friend.'08.

20. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    So it's ok with you all to spend Trillions of $$$ on the Coop. War Machine ? Personal gain and profit in that they don't even pay taxes on.I make the that point ! And they are using your MONEY to do it!