close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One guys take on Glocks vs X kinda stuff

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Snaps, May 30, 2012.

1. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

not that anybody cares or this makes any difference to anybody, just something I've been giving some thought too. Little long, I'm tired and I'm thinking so if you'd like feel free to ignore me.

I've been around guns most of my life, starting as a little kid. Mainly rifles from Marine Corps to wearing masking tape around my cover on the range (some will get that) to just shooting long range for fun

Got into handguns and shooting them a lot over the last few years. Qualified expert with the Beretta in 1998 and that was really the only time I shot them much going into that. Took a backup pistol on some deployments, while the gun never really got deployed at all.

Anyway...... Dads always been a revolver guy, that's cool with me, but of course my first handgun was a Taurus because it was cheap and I was 16. When I got out of the Corps I went and bought a Beretta, I was (still am) a pretty good shot with it, knew the mechanics of it. Got into 1911s which I love, and finally after a few other random guns got a Glock.

The guns I shoot best are without a doubt 1911s, I love shooting the damn things, it's hard to miss for me. I just ordered a custom one that cost thousands because I like shooting them, I have 4 or 5 of 'em now. But my nightstand gun is a Glock. My carry gun is a different Glock, and I'm online shopping for another Glock right now. I started wondering why this is.

Wellllllll my friends I think it comes down to the simple things. Glocks are simple little things, pull one part out, put a new one in, good as new. Funny thing is I've been a military armorer, a LE armorer, a private gunsmith, went to school for it and everything. I can work on a 1911, but I don't need to be able to properly fit a Glock to make it work. I know there's a lot of die hard Glock guys here so I know you'll disagree with me on a lot of stuff, but Glock inc is screwing up big time. Slides feel huge, grip angle is wrong, factory sights are garbage. All the normal complaints you hear from people. But instead of fixing the issues people have they build the Gen4?

And strangely I still like the damn things. Never been in a gunfight outside of the military, so I can't say anything about that. But it just seems to me if there's flaws so many believe, they should be addressed. M&Ps are nice, XDs, great, cool... But somewhere along the lines when it came to plastic guns I became a Glock guy. I know I won't get my 1911ish single stack Glock, but I'm okay with that. I prefer them to anything else really anymore for everything but range duty and that may even change soon. I'm gonna try a new 19 with the Haley Skimmer, maybe look at grip modification.

Now the real reason IMO that so many police depts use Glocks.... they're dirt cheap. Glock practically gives them away. In terms of the .45GAP that is more true than anything else. I was in on one of the buys and damn.....But anyway....

A man devised something so simple as the Glock pistol and it's like they refuse to improve on it. They started off so far ahead of the competition that they never bothered to look at it and they're catching up/passing 'em now.

Just wish they'd make a few changes here ot live up to that perfection thing we hear so much about. And strangly with all that stuff that I want them to fix I'm still buying them because I think they're the best bang for the buck.

That's all, sorry for the long winded post.

2. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

I wish they had left PERFECTION alone. They fixed something that wasn't broken...

3. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

you can't really just leave anything alone these days, just seems like they had one of the biggest innovations in modern handguns, and then just stopped.