close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

One Clue To Romney's Veep Pick: Whose Wiki Page Is Getting The Most Edits?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/08/07/158320294/one-clue-to-romneys-veep-pick-whose-wiki-page-is-getting-the-most-edits?ft=1&f=1014&sc=tw

Tech President reminds us that one way to possibly figure out who will be a vice presidential pick is to watch the various contenders' Wikipedia pages in the days before such an announcement is likely.

In 2008, as The Washington Post wrote at the time, "just hours before [Sen. John] McCain declared his veep choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, her Wiki page saw a flurry of activity, with editors adding details about her approval rating and husband's employment. ... Palin's entry was updated at least 68 times, with at least an additional 54 changes made to her entry over the preceding five days."

2. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    Just wait and see his head explode in November...

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    Nice sun shining day here.. Great day for a motorcycle ride...

4. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    from the article: "That said, if Wikipedia changes offer any hint of what's coming, then today might be a good day to bet on Ryan."

Looks like they pegged it.

5. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    +1

Except I don't have a bike.

It's only gonna be 88' today so I'm going to work on my Spyder.

Ive turned this.....

[​IMG]

Into this......

[​IMG]

And it needs to look like this......

[​IMG]

6. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    is that a crate 383 i spy resting in those frame rails?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  7. FFR Spyder GT

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Heck no!

That's a 414 cubic inch stroker 351 Windsor. Probe crank, rods and pistons. AFR 205 heads and Harland shaft mounted rockers, Anderson Ford hydralic roller camshaft, Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake modified by Mass Flo for port injection. A Mass Flo modified 4 barrel type throttle body. Distributorless ignition system with a MSD cam sync plug and LS1 coils and custom wires for a coil near plug arrangement.

For an ECU I'm using a FORD EEC-V CDAN4 computer with a Moates' Quarterhorse and my own custom program.

In carb'ed form the engine produced a little over 525hp@6,200rpms on pump gas.

Mated to a Tremec TKO 5-speed and 3.55 gears in a 2,500 pound car it will be a hot rod!

Spyder

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  8. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    holy crap:wow::cheers::bowdown:

9. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    You didn't build that...

10. ...somebody else made that happen.

11. FFR Spyder GT

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    During the past 12 months I've spent about 600 hours in my shop working on it.

Except for the short block and powdercoating the frame, I've done everything 100% myself.

12. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    Naw, someone else did that.

13. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

May 28, 2007
    Disputed Territory
    You do realize that if that machine ever makes it on to taxpayer funded roads......wait a minute, what was that argument again? Oh yeah, you hate women, and you obviously hate the environment, that makes you a racist!

Don't worry, I'm confused as well.:dunno:

15. OK, maybe you forged the steel out of iron ore you dug up yourself, but who made that rich dirt for ya?

:dunno:

16. tgmr05

tgmr05

Apr 27, 2008
    You deliver the parts? You make the parts? You build the roads used to deliver parts? You build the infrastructure to support electricity needed to operate some tools, shed light on subject? If not, you did not build that. AND, you are too rich. If you had 600 hours to waste along with money to spend on this project, you must not be paying your fair share. Time to cough up more in taxes. You should be driving an electric smart car, that requires charging every twenty minutes, so your neighbors will be by soon to take your new car that you did not build yourself, and take it for a joyride, then dismantle it and spread the wealth by sharing the parts to those less fortunate than you.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine