Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

On to the new job...

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by LilCop2002, Jan 1, 2009.

1. LilCop2002

Jul 13, 2005
    For those of you who have been tracking my job progress, you all know that I have raced to a conclusion to my Security Forces career. Well, the time is almost here...

I woke up, as is becoming my norm, on the couch this afternoon. Why the couch? I have not got a clue. Anyway, I awake to find myself in a sea of uniforms. Scattered around the living room are BDUs and ABUs, SP badges, AMC badges, SSgt stripes and... my brain.

I look around realizing the amazing mess that I have sitting here in the living room along with how heavy my heart and feet are. It is very surprising to me that I feel a little moody and lethargic. I have wanted a change of pace, a rewarding job with perks and some resemblance of a normal work life, for quite some time now and now that it is upon me, I feel a little lost today.

I sit here and realize that I only have one more nine hour shift left to go as a Security Forces NCO but yet it feels as though I am missing something. It is almost as though I do NOT want to leave. How ironic, huh? I know how pathetic it sounds, but this is what I have known for the past seven almost eight years of my life. Yes, I know that I have not been on orders the entire time, but for the majority, it is who I am.

I am starting to get ready for my final day as I finish this up, but it is with a heavy heart and mixed emotions that I do so...:tempted:

The 9 hour shift is over and I am no longer a Security Forces member. It felt weird to take the beret off and put a patrol cap on, but once I took all the gear off and threw it in my trunk, I knew that it was a great feeling.

6 Jan I get to sit in our staff meetings for the new job and 12 Jan I will have 7.5 boots in some Officer Candidates butt.

The key thing for me is to sit back and enjoy the next 6 days off, reflect a little on the old job, prepare for the upcoming challenges and adventures of the new job, then press on with pride and motivation while remembering where I came from.

If it kills me, I will NOT forget...
  2. Have fun in Happy Lackland!