close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

older motorcycle,new project

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dabigguns357, Feb 27, 2013.

1. I finally made the leap ,took the course and bought a motorcycle,a nice 86 Honda rebel 450.It's not the newest/fastest/greatest but I got a great deal ($800.00)on it and after driving it am impressed with it.Started right up and drove home very smooth and quiet.

All was well till the other day,no I didn't have an accident while moving anyway.I was backing it up and didn't notice how close I had gotten to the back porch and snapped the turn signal off,breaking the lense,bulb and stud.

So here is what the bike looks like now.Not bad,just miffed.:upeyes:

[​IMG]

2. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    That's what I call a gas and oil change kind of bike. Great to start on for sure.

You did well. Congrats.

3. ezthumper

ezthumper

Feb 20, 2013
    Texas
    Very nice!!

I am fairly new rider, my third year. Have you noticed a much greater awareness of what is around when you are just driving your car?

I started out with a 98 Valkyrie.

4. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    Congrats and good luck.

5. everything from the bumps in the road to grandma in the 79 sedan.also very aware of the cold,i'm actually kinda mad for 2 reasons.First the broken light but also the cold and snow.Where is spring when you need it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    That's the lure that no cage can overcome.

7. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    very nice, enjoy and be safe.

8. So has anyone had any dealings with these . I know they only made them for 2 years, but other than mine, ive never seen one