close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Old timey shotshells? Any value?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by 1041TX, Nov 6, 2011.

1. 1041TX

1041TX

Jul 4, 2011
    ATX
    Quick question. While organizing some ammo I came across a box of older shotshells. Unsure of the vintage but definitely nothing too recent. Anyone know if these are of any value? FWIW they are plastic hulls.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

2. fiasconva

fiasconva

May 4, 2008
    York County, VA
    I don't think they are old enough to be called vintage, probably 20 years old or less. I'd shoot them up and not worry about it.

3. 1041TX

1041TX

Jul 4, 2011
    ATX
    Kinda figured as much, but I wanted to check. With the popularity of hipsters these days anything remotely "vintage" is $$$. I figured there may be some on GT! :whistling:

4. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    I have some 16ga paper shells, I have been shooting for the last 10yrs. Not sure if they are worth more but since the boxes are not in perfect condition I just shoot em.

5. AggieGlock

AggieGlock

May 31, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    $5 a box, they probably aren't too old. Are they steel shot?

6. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

The Federal Hi-Power isn't to old, maybe from around the 70's to mid-late 80's. Relatively plain box and plastic hulls. Not really collectable. Definately not steel shot though.

7. good news, they are still worth $5 per box.

maybe closer to $6.

:banana: