close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old one, but new to me.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Detectorist, May 16, 2011.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Wow, old for sure, but dang that's a twist! Way to strive for mediocrity, New London! :rofl:

2. If they eliminated those who scored the highest, I can only imagine what happened to those who scored the lowest.....:headscratch:

3. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    Who wants stupid LEO's?

Idjiots.

4. Apparently the NLPD......Not stupid LEO's, just not the high scorers...:whistling:

5. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    All kidding aside, I can't see their reasoning for that. I mean, if you interview him and he's brilliant but a social retard, that's one thing. But to drop him right off the bat without even talking to him? Seems like you're cutting your nose off to spite your face. Oh well...

6. Naelbis

Naelbis

Oct 22, 2009
    ND
    It is called protecting your position by eliminating anyone who may be smarter or better educated than you...plus super educated and smart peope are less likely to just go with the flow and accept "that's just how we do things" as an answer.

7. PROSOUTH

PROSOUTH

Jan 10, 2000
    Middle TN
    DING DING DING................ I think we have a winner!

Besides, how would he ever relate to the bottom of the barrel from up there?

:rofl:

8. They get a uniform with a white shirt and get called sir or ma'am.

9. Sad, but so true........

10. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    There are federal agencies that won't hire people who score over a certain level of genius on a given IQ test. The theory is that they will become bored quickly, and open to outside influences.

I guess I can see the rationale, but I'm not too sure I agree with it. There are other factors that come into play... Morals, integrity, and common sense (which is apparently immeasurable) are a few.

11. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    Sure you can. Put the cadet and a trash can full of papers in a room with a dozen other people. Light the paper on fire.

If the cadet runs screaming from the room he may not be the best choice. If he stomps out the fire, hire him. If he whips it out and pi**es on the fire to put it out, put him in for accelerated promotion. :rofl:

12. Light several other very small fires around the room as well. If he ignores the big fire, and runs around ceremoniously pissing on all the little fires, promote him to Captain.

Last edited: May 17, 2011