close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Old lunch place

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Cochese, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Thats a real shame. Its getting real hard to find a place to eat in uniform in my town. Only a couple of family owned/run places anymore.

3. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Did one of them spit in your burger way back when?

;)

4. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    Isn't that the truth? It's all good until one of your co workers hems up one of the waitresses, then we stay away for six months :whistling:

5. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    We couldn't eat at any place that served alcohol and couldn't even think about trying it with a place that had the word "bar" on its' sign.

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I really avoid eating out in uniform. I live in my jurisdiction so I eat at home and can come home for a snack if we aren't busy.

One chic-fil-a and a BBQ joint are the only places in my jurisdiction that I will eat at. The rest are full of my former customers.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  7. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    We have one chain eatery we regularly go to and we make sure the same waitress and cook are there, decent folks who will take care of us. The rest of the employees are Dirtballs.

I prefer to bring something or wait til I get home.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. We have one eatery that we trust. The owner and staff loves us. Food is good and we tip well. Safe spot, some do paper there over coffee and a slice of pie. We mingle with all of the seniors and regulars.

Beyond that, Subway and sometimes that is iffy.

9. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    No, but we killed the owner's boyfriend some years ago. :whistling:

10. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    :rofl:

We had one of our traffic guys get into a wizzing match( of course, Cop was right, cook was dead wrong) with a cook at one of the best local places in town.

It sucked not being able to eat there but we all knew that cook would not last...and he didnt, thus the good grub was turned back on!

The owner wanted to know "where we went" we more or less explained it to her and she was rather sad... "I would have fired him then if I had known...."

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Or if your beat partner arrests the chef on a DUI... which ends up burning the joint for the rest of the crew for years to come.

12. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

13. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Tx
    Man for a minute I thought you were talking about a certain burger joint on the square in a far away land...... Never Fear, I'll be there Friday for dinner before they close.......

Yup, you can be jealous. ........

14. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Now, I'd be the last one to blame the victim, but are you suggesting that there might have been *gasp* criminal activity connected to the business and its owners?

:shocked:

15. Schaffer

Schaffer

Feb 18, 2012
    We have a few mom and pop dinners and pizza shops, a crappy Chinese place and a subway. The subway is nice cause you can watch them make your hoagie.

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Crappy Chinese place, eh? I show you, gwai loh!:tongueout:

[​IMG]

17. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I may have been able to buy drugs there in uniform.

18. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox

19. People still do paperwork in restraunts after the coffee house shooting?

I have not seen anyone I work with do paper anywhere but the station. Well maybe thats because our report system isnt available anywhere else.

20. drizzle

drizzle

Jan 4, 2007
    Twin Cities
    There are two family style places we eat at a lot; think Perkins type food but family owned. Both have large portions, big backrooms for us to sit in, and a discount which we give back as a tip to whomever waits on us.

The owners and their often elderly clientele like having us around, turn us around quickly even if its busy (which it rarely is), and have once or twice sent out a plate of appetizers gratis. The grilled mini gyros were delicious. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012