old lady leaves fortune

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Feb 14, 2014.

1. *ASH*

*ASH* IcutChEesE

to granddaughter

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 *ASH*, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. I don't get it?

3. Farmville

4. Yeah, that would be my luck.

5. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

At least she stayed productive in her later years and built up something to leave the younger generation.

Mr. HE:cool:

6. I still don't get it. Did she leave the money or not? What's facebook have to do with it.

7. UtahIrishman

Silver Member

Facebook has a virtual community called Farmville where you can build a virtual life.

8. In my family's history, Great Grandma/Grampa's farm (in Holy Cross KY) was sold by the younger son/daughters for drinking money.

9. Thanks. I don't Facebook, I have a real life :)

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I can't think of anyone around here who kept the farm willed to them. The land has simply become too expensive and the kids just want the cash. HH

11. Anybody remember that Honeymooners episode where some old lady died and was leaving her "Fortune" to Ralph and he got all excited? Turns out "Fortune" was her parrot!

12. Yep. Sadly, same here. My great grandfather amassed a huge fortune in land in the late 1800s, and fathered two sons.

My grandfather was disinherited and lived a hardscrabble existence, while my great uncle piddled away all the land and money on women, drink, and high living.

A common story.

13. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

There are worse ways to live. HH

14. Tough stories.

My father came from a farm family 40 miles South of Chicago. When the old man died, my father left home cause there was nothing for him, the eldest son got the farm.

My father said that that was how it went back then.

15. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

I know a real life situation opposite to the tease in that joke. The family Matriarch is 96 years old and owns a bunch of farmland in central Nebraska. She has 3 "kids" all in their 70's and 7 or 8 grandchildren from 27 up to 45. I think she has is divided fairly evenly into thirds but when she goes, it's going to get ugly quick. Everyone thinks they or their "side" deserves just a little more.

#17 snubfan, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  16. And GT isn't a social network where we post inconsequential drivel? :wavey:

#18 ateamer, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  17. Farmville is also I here a game copy of the most played game in china.