Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Old Fart 1972 Honda 750-4

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by -, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Guest

Most of you sound a whole lot younger than I. Almost 60. Anyway I just finished a restore on a Honda 750-4 1972 that I bought new in 1972. Anyone remember that one?
  2. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Well in 1972 I was 5. I DO remember Old school classic bikes like that because my neighbor had them. My parents would borrow one and go ridding all weekend. My dad had a Street/Dirt bike Suzuki 250 in 1974. I have been thinkin about gettin an classic bike. My WIFE would kill me. Besides I just bought my 85 Goldwing..

3. mallcop

mallcop GOTOD #70

Apr 7, 2004
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    The 750-4 was a tremendous bike when it was released but the Kawasaki Z-1 became my favorite afer it hit the streets.
  4. TriggerRider

TriggerRider Premium Man

Dec 8, 2003
    I was 20 yrs. old when your 750-4 hit the streets - so I remember it very well. A fine machine, and one of the top 25 motorcycles that changed the 'face' of our sport. Please post some pictures of your 'restore'.
  5. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

Oct 23, 2001
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Did you have any problems with finding replacement parts?

My 76 Goldwing is awaiting a complete rebuild and I know the carbs are junk.

I would like to put fuel injection on it after the engine is rebuilt.I put 65,000 very hard miles towing a trailer on it back in the 70's and 80's but its been in storage for 20 years now waiting .
  6. Guest

I have a web site I will find and send to you that has everything you will ever need to get for your GoldWing. Even a fourm of 1000s of old farts that will tell you how to do a restore. Here is a picture of my 69 that I did. When I get my 72 back from paint I will show that off too.
  7. TriggerRider

TriggerRider Premium Man

Dec 8, 2003
    Tonka -

I was behind-the-eight-ball, and just caught your pics of the '69 restore. That is 'Beautiful' work. Please post pics when you get your
    '72 completed.
  8. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    Is it gold and black?

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

Yeah and a Yamaha or Kaw 350 would just flat out run it. Lots of motor and no power. The Z-1 was the King until 1976 when they put the smaller carbs on it. By the way I owned a 1974 and 1975 Z-1B. I wish I had either one today.