close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old Faithful Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by reghogs, Jan 14, 2013.

1. reghogs

reghogs
    Expand Collapse

Whats your opinion on there IWB holsters?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ManimalsKingdom

ManimalsKingdom
    Expand Collapse

make sure you are using a 1.5 inch wide belt - their holsters wont fit anything larger
    save money and get whatever holster in DIY kit form with the kydex already formed - save money and build it yourself - good fun

3. DB1985

DB1985
    Expand Collapse

I ordered a holster from them and have been using it for about 5 weeks now. The Old Faithful stage 3 kit is what I ordered. It's also my first hybrid IWB holster that I've ever had and I love it. I got mine during a sale they had and only paid around $41.00 and some change after shipping. Even at their standard price I still would have bought it and been very satisfied.

4. reghogs

reghogs
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I am thinking about ordering one. Anybody else got an opinion?

5. zachste

zachste
    Expand Collapse

Love mine, have had it for months, even have a couple different kydex shells I use on the same leather. Use code "KTOG" for I think 15% off

6. sglock45

sglock45
    Expand Collapse

ive had one for about 2 years now love love love it best hybreed holster out there get the stage 2 and build it your self

7. buckshotshorty

buckshotshorty
    Expand Collapse

I think it is one of the highest quality holsters, and most comfortable holster out there. You can't go wrong with Old Faithful.

8. Scott30

Scott30
    Expand Collapse

I just put mine together yesterday. Very easy to do. Leather is top notch and is very supple with just bending by hand. Have not had a chance to wear it yet but have no doubt it will be outstanding.

9. SCC

SCC
    Expand Collapse
    Member Me

You can join their web page and get a discount as well ( kydex forums )

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Evosil98

Evosil98
    Expand Collapse

Are their holsters thicker than crossbreed?

Or does it add much bulk?

Thanks

11. F-111 John

F-111 John
    Expand Collapse

I own three Old Faithful Holsters, an IWB for a J-Frame, and IWB for a G26, and an OWB for a Ruger SR22.

Great company, best value holster out there if you get the Stage III kit.

I don't own a Crossbreed, but the difference in Kydex thickness won't be noticable when wearing, other than the thicker Kydex stays open better for reholstering.

The only thing I don't like about the Old Faithful is the tabs at the bottom of the spring clips are a bit too long. When wearing the holster with a properly thick gun belt, the tabs stick out and you can snag your hand while accessing your pockets.

I wrote Old Faithful about this, and they are sending me some leather loops with directional snaps that they are experimenting with. When they get her I can report back my thoughts.

12. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

13. Recalcitrant

Recalcitrant
    Expand Collapse

I've an Old Faithful for my G19. It wasn't difficult to assemble and is comfortable. I adjusted the cant a little bit and am happy.

No complaints.

14. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

G19 - great choice!:cool::cool:

15. F-111 John

F-111 John
    Expand Collapse

Just an update: Old Faithful sent me a pair of leather loops to replace the spring steel belt clips. They have directional snaps so they're not going to unsnap at the wrong time.

After wearing them for about 2 weeks, all I can say is I LOVE THEM! My only complaint with the original holster was the bottoms of the spring clips were scratching my hands up when I accessed my front and back pockets. These leather loops hold the holster just fine, allow you to slide your belt around a bit to center your buckle, and the loops allow front and back pocket access without scratching up your hand. (I know, I'm a baby.)

Old Faithful said they will have the leather loops available on their website in the near future. I can't wait to purchase a second pair for my other Old Faithful IWB holster, and buy a mag carrier with the leather loops.

Here's an image:

[​IMG]

#15 F-111 John, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  16. Recalcitrant

Recalcitrant
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't mind leather straps for my holster. And incidentally, I also have the black with urban camo - nice choice!