Old army/war type game.

Discussion in 'GTArmY - Join The Fight!' started by Brent D, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Ok I dont know how far back all of you go, but back in the days of the bbs, there was a game similar to this. It had alot of what has been mentioned in the recomendation thread. Allies, inactive soldiers after attack etc. Does anyone have any idea what it might have been? I cant for the life of me remember.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Test..............What Is Your Anger Type? The Okie Corral Jul 8, 2015
    Advice On A Basic M4 Type AR. GATE AR-15 Forum Jul 2, 2015
    ``Honda Civic Type R Engine: So Powerful, They Had to Build It in America`` The Okie Corral Jul 1, 2015
    Wolf Prototype and B3 SS-Liontribe Designs Edged Weapons & Related Items Jun 30, 2015
    F Type The Okie Corral Jun 21, 2015

3. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Was it one of the Command and Conquer games?

4. I had it and it was one of the best games. Moved in Hexes... Give me a minute... Crud... lots of videos of WWII scenes during battles.....On the tip of my tongue... UGH!!!

5. Panzer General?

6. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire

Similar one was called Crusade in Europe. It was mostly though tanks and aircraft and you moved in hexes. Another great one from Microprose and I think CIE was from them too was Red Storm Rising, a sub game that used your mind. Also harpoon was good, especially when you could edit the amounts and types of ships/aircraft.

7. RonS

Millennium Member

"Steel Panthers" is hex based, very intensively researched with the physics of armor thickness modeled against angles of fire etc. It is available free. I seem to recall that the original had scenes that played between moves but I think they were to fill the computing time, with modern PCs I don't think they need to do that.

8. Steel panthers? Great game btw heck i go all the way back to pen and paper/cardboard counter games like Squad Leader,FollowMe,Panzer Blitz, etc,etc :)

9. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Axis and Allies?