close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Old (1986?) factory Glock holster question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Oblofusc, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Oblofusc

Oblofusc

Jan 18, 2009
    I bought a factory Glock holster about the time I bought my G17 (1986? SN: AP7XXUS) that has hooks to attach it to the metal holes in a US Army web pistol belt, like an old GI .45 holster has. I tried to do a search for this holster and I can't find anyone who sells them. I believe it says "MILITARY" on it. It looks just like the current factory Glock black plastic holsters but the new ones have holes where a belt can fit through instead of the hooks. Anyone know where I can get another hook-type factory Glock holster? Thanks.

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've been carrying glocks since about that time, and I have never encountered a glock factory holster like that, in person, in a book, or otherwise.

3. Oblofusc

Oblofusc

Jan 18, 2009
    That's a newer G22 in it in the pics, but I believe I bought that holster either at the same time I bought my G17 in 1986, or within a month or three of getting it. I've always liked that mounting system for a holster--it doesn't slide around, and a GI pistol belt is the perfect pistol belt IMHO.

By the response above, I take it these are no longer available.

4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    That appears to be a glock holster that was (and in some configuration, still is) for sale outside the U.S. Having never owned one, for obvious reasons, I never knew they were available with that sort of attachment.

5. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    I travel very often to Guatemala an a local Gun Shop have several of those.
    Last time I visit them they ask for about $20 a piece.

6. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    It looks like an older version of the Glock Sport Duty holster. They sell them on Midway or the Glock web store.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013