close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Okie's Memorial Service on 24 August

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by kreimer, Aug 4, 2013.

1. kreimer

kreimer

Jul 11, 2013
    I am not very computer savvy, so I'm not sure where the best place is to post this. Maybe someone can repost it if ya'll want to.
    There was a memorial service in Okie's hometown of Muskogee in early July.

Due to complications of family coming from overseas, there will be another service in Wichita, Kansas on August 24th at Country Acres Baptist Church located at 8810 W. 10th st. N., Wichita,Ks. 67212.
    A light lunch will be served at 3pm. All are invited. The service is at 5pm.
    Thank you all again for all the kind posts you have done on Mark's behalf.
    We look forward to seeing any of you who can come.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. RedTop

RedTop

Oct 28, 2008
    Georgia
    I am extremely sorry for your loss. Okie is greatly missed here as well. I wish I could make it.

I'm not sure what your situation is but please PM me if there is any type of fund I can contribute to in his honor.

3. kreimer

kreimer

Jul 11, 2013
    Thank you, so much for your kind offer. Actually I am so computer illiterate as to not know how to PM.
    Our family is widely dispersed, and we had not considered any memorial fund. Could the leaders of GT do some kind of fund for the benefit of GT? I think Mark would have liked that. The renaming to Okie Corral was a very classy thing for Mark's sake too.
    I see that a kind person highlighted, and colored my post about Mark's memorial service, and I thank whoever did that. I did not know where the most prominent posting place would be for that, but now it is also on Mark's FB.
    As an idiot, I first put the date as July 24, but it has been corrected to AUGUST 24th

I'm sorry you cannot come to Mark's service Red Top, but I hope many of you can. We look forward to seeing you there.
    If this is not posted where the leaders of GT will see it, please inform them.....whoever knows how.

4. Road Dog

Road Dog Senior Member Millennium Member

Jul 29, 1999
    Ringgold, GA
    I will not be able to make it but I sure do miss Okie. Thanks for keeping us updated, you have my condolences.

5. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I wish Wichita was a little closer to Hays as I'm not able to travel. Would have liked to be there.

6. Thank you for posting. I can't attend in person but will be there in spirit. tom.

7. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I continue to pray for your family's loss. We loved Okie so much here, he will always be missed, God bless you.

8. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    It's separated from the rest of the thread and stickied right on top of the Okie Corral, the most visible spot on GT.

BTW, I wrote back to you on FB. Thanks for letting us know, wish I could go. :wavey:

9. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut

I miss him as well. I wish I lived within 10 hours of Witchita because I would go to the service for sure.

Good luck Kreimer!

10. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mar 6, 2005
    Raccoon City
    WHAT ... okie ... dangit, I need to quit coming here, every time I log on after being away for awhile I learn I've lost another friend.

Damn it ... I'll miss reading your works, my friend.

Prayers to your family.

:sigh:

11. I am sorry I will not be able to make the trip from Ohio. Sure wish that I could. I never had the privilege of meeting Okie, in person, and I regret that. Okie, had a way of making you feel that you knew him, and were a real friend. I miss Okie, immensely.

RIP - Okie, you are missed my friend. :crying:

12. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO 10-42

Aug 4, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I haven't been on glocktalk in the past several weeks as work, illness, and family have kept me away. I am truly saddened to log back in and learn that we have lost Okie. He has been one of the staple members of this community for some time, and I am clueless with regard to what has taken him from us. My deepest sympathies and condoleneces go out to his immediate circle of friends and family, and I can honestly say that a star has fallen from the sky among this community.

13. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    He had a blood clot in his leg that got loose and traveled to his heart as he was about to have surgery to prevent that from happening. Sad as that is, it was merciful for him as he was facing something far worse in the form of brain cancer.

14. sawgrass

sawgrass

Feb 21, 2009
    Mark is dearly missed. Unfortunately I can't make it from MN but I think of him because of something that pops up just about every day.This place isn't the same without him.

15. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    outside the wire perimeter.
    I did everything I could do, but am still unable to go to the Aug. 24th memorial with my current situation; however, I think the next, big GT get together should plan something in His honor. If anyone deserves/deserved it, Mark sure did.

To those that can make it Aug 24, please let us know how it was. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  16. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer Silver Member CLM

Feb 12, 2002
    AridZona
    Wish I could be there for you, Okie..

Rest in Peace, my Friend..

17. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Apr 25, 1999
    upper mid-west
    To Okie's family - sorry I couldn't be there today. It's just too far for me to travel.

I made a grilled cheese 'sammich' for lunch today. It's been years since I had one. I made it in Okie's honor. Okie would smile!

God bless you and your lost kin. :wavey:

18. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    :bump: It's a **** sammich for sure if no one here showed up.