close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OK to carry in Fair Park (Dallas / DFW)?

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Keoking, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    I've seen the answer in at least a couple of threads, but it looks that they've been purged. Is it ok to CCW in Fair Park? No metal detectors or pat downs?

2. RadioHack

RadioHack

Jan 31, 2006
    Plano Texas
    Do you mean during the State Fair or a specific event? If it’s just to visit one of the Museums or the Music Hall, then you're fine.
    There are a few old non-30.06 compliant signs around at the gates and a few of the buildings, but nothing to stop a CHL’er in the peaceful pursuit of concealability.

Just avoid the businesses in the area, ESPECIALLY the filling stations, they are just crime scenes-in-waiting. Plenty of places to eat and get what you need just a mile or so up the road in Deep Ellum (daylight hours only), or if it’s after dark…….ahhh, Plano, McKinney anywhere far North of this dignity-challenged area.

If you have any concerns about a specific location in the Fair Park Campus, let me know and I’ll check it out for you.

3. chadster1

chadster1 dealer for

Jul 20, 2005
    Texas
    I have carried during the State fair. I would think that any other time would be ok as well.

The Fort Worth Stock Show is posted 30.06. Go figure.

4. rattfink1

rattfink1 .. I ate WHAT!!

Jan 28, 2005
    DFW, Texas
    Fair Park is owned by the City of Dallas, they cannot restrict carry per Texas Law. It is a pain to carry during the Fair becuase they take down you license information and make you wait for a supervisor, however it is definately possible as my wife and I have done it multiple times.