close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ok, I did it, bought a non-Glock - got me a 1994 German Sig 228 - Questions

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by itisbruno, Nov 12, 2012.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mar 6, 2005
    Raccoon City
    No worries Mike

:thumbsup:

So Sig guys, I LOVE the trigger on this thing, will sending it to SIG and getting new springs in it "runi" it?

Is the trigger so smooth due to its age and use, or are the triggers that nice?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. fortheboys

fortheboys

Feb 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Great gun.
    I wish I could ask victims from the last 23 years in my career if the 9mm is sufficient, but I can't because they are dead.
    Put some quality ammo in there and you will be good to go.

The 228 is NEXT on my list.

3. VanguardMP

VanguardMP

Nov 21, 2006
    Texas
    I've owned a 228 since around 2000, and it is probably my favorite pistol. I also carried one as a duty weapon for about 5 years. It's a great weapon and one of the best balanced SIGs. I like the Galco Combat Master for OWB carry, and the Highnoon Holster's Hide Away w/clip, low ride IWB holster. The latter conceals very well and is extremely comfortable for me. Enjoy your new pistola.

VMP

4. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    If the weapon is in overall good shape...you won't be disappointed...

5. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
  6. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    When I got my p6, component cracked after 50 rds - I sent it to sig, they treated It as under warranty. I had the Sig Service Package done anyway, and in addition they polished the ramp etc no charge.

I wish i had the Short reset trigger done at the same time.

7. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    Mines the same in looks (all rashed and scratched up) and the night sights are blown but I use it as a range gun at the moment and its been 100% reliable in the few (200+) rounds I've put through it. I'd like to know what you choose and how it goes. Are you going to have it refinished?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013