close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ok, firefox 3 is pissing me off

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Clyde in CO, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    I have a desktop and a laptop, and for years I've been using mozbackup to sync the firefox profiles between machines.

Now with the advent of firefox 3, it doesn't work anymore. I get history and bookmark pulldown, but the changes I've made to the bookmarks toolbar folders do not appear.

So what, the new version outgrew the old utility. big deal, I'll just copy the whole profile.

no joy.

I copy the profile folder and profile.ini file from the application data folder to the same location on the laptop, just like the instructions online say and I get the same crap. My bookmark toolbars do not change.

So I move all my toolbar folders back under the main bookmark pulldown and copy again. Still no change.

Then I find this http://www.ghacks.net/2008/06/13/how-to-move-the-bookmarks-in-firefox-3/ site that says ff3 has changed how it deals with bookmarks and I need to use something called junction.

I have no friggin clue what this is or how to use it.

Firefox is supposed to be this great browser, but the difficulty in doing this seemingly simple procedure is really pissing me off.

please help! can somebody give me a walkthru or something? there HAS GOT to be a way to do this.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

end of line

2. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    great googly moogly I am stupid today.

fixed the problem.... the laptop was still running firefox 2.0

upograded to 3 and it werks perfekt

dance for joy~

[​IMG]