close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ok, Finally Getting It Done!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by polizei1, Mar 11, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well, good news. After talking to John Harrison for a few months, I came up with a build list and he's just waiting for me to send my EMP to him.

Bad news, he said it's going to take a few months, and this is my only carry gun. :crying: So cry me a river and pray that nothing happens! Also, to add insult to injury, it's going to be about 50% more than what I anticipated in the beginning. :faint:

HD-005 rear sight
    Fit and Tune new extractor
    Flush fit extractor
    Re-crown flush
    HD slide stop
    HD short trigger
    Front strap checking 25lpi
    Ed Brown single-side safety (tactical)
    Carry Bevel
    Countersunk slide stop
    Round Butt
    Refinish matte black DLC (everything)

And lastly, I have a set of Horned Lizards with mag release ramp cut ready to go. Actually, I've had these for a few months now but they are cut for SS safety so I have to wait.

I haven't even sent it in yet but man I can't wait to get it back. :rofl:

And one last thing, I hate all of you.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

2. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Sounds like a badass build. Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks everyone. I've gotten a few comments about why I'm spending so much on an EMP when I could be in Wilson territory.

Simply put, it's what I envisioned the EMP to be, and I know John will make it happen. I honestly don't see myself getting another 1911 anytime soon, and I don't see myself carrying another 1911 either. Besides, I would have to sell the holsters I bought, plus the EMP and everything else. :tongueout:

Murdered 3" EMP, what more could you want? :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  4. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
  5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Just sent the gun out today, so hopefully it won't take forever (but I heard Ionbond takes a while). I'll be sure to post pictures obviously, as soon as I get it back.

Now if I only had another 1911 to carry. So with that said, I'm taking donations until the EMP comes back. 3-4.25" 1911's only, any caliber 9mm+. PM me if interested. :tongueout:

6. Too bad you don't do fugly...I would've loan you one of my 1911...

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    same here. i would've let you carry my Guardian, same with Hokie since he's down to a Fenix light, a dull Spyderco and empty holster's.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  8. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hey, I'm open to trying things! Just not doing it on mine. :rofl:

9. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    too bad, you've been relegated to the "Just say no" group :tongueout:

10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Don't forget harsh language. :rofl:

You'll let me borrow the GBOB for a few weeks? I've got an empty 4.25" VM2 and a handful of 9mm GoldDots at the moment. :whistling:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  11. I don't know how well those Gold Dots will sit inside that VM2...you might want to ducktape that hole in the bottom so those bullets won't fall out.

I hope you can throw those Gold Dots with some accuracy. Might want to visit the range and get your pitching arm warm up, until when you can be part of the 1911 club... :rofl: :tongueout:

12. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Drive the 20min over to my place and stand in front of me. I bet I can break skin. :supergrin:

13. OK, but only if I get to throw some bullets out one of my 1911...I'll even use a smaller bullet, and borrow Quack's 22 conversion. :tongueout::supergrin:

14. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I'll just block them ninjastyle with my dull Spyderco. :rofl:

15. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    On a side note, Quack said he was "soon" sending his EMP off to the Custom Shop for some work, and that was back in January 2010.

So what's the deal!? I guess they won't touch those fugly flat triggers.