close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

oil leaking out

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Benj, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Benj

Benj

Jul 26, 2005
    I have a Jericho 941 which I clean regularly, cleaning the barrel, applying oil, etc. However when I store my gun in the bag, I notice that oil oftentimes leaks out from the different openings and they spread all over the frame. It is only a thin oil and in small amounts, but I am worried that maybe I am doing something wrong? Also should I be worried that the oil that leaks out can potentially cause rust? Thanks.

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    you're putting way too much oil. don't overlube the trigger mechanism or the frame's internals and other small parts. mas madali kumapit dumi and unburnt powder if there's too much oil.

3. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    I'm a heavy (or rather, indiscriminate) oiler myself.
    Bad habit, really.

Excess oil potentially causes quite a number of problems,
    but corrosion isn't one of them: quite the opposite, actually.
    When my blasters are tucked away for storage (as in, months on end)
    they're oozing oil every which way.

4. toxic

toxic

Jan 15, 2005
    doin' time
    I dont play with my boomer as much as i want , so for long period of storage time i oil it just right not too much to a point it will leak and i put a little pc of absorbent pad to prevent the oil from leaking. ( thats what i do to the bone saw at work);f

After each shooting session..i clean and lube it much less than what i mentioned above ..by few drops to moving parts of my boomer (jericho 941F) and running my finger through it himas or hilamos lang.i also apply a little bit of white greese(molydal)or sili-glyde silicone base lubricant.Rack the slide a few times.. Voila !!! ready for another day at the range...Got this tip from BOG's

5. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    The leak is normal and you're not doing something wrong.

edited to add - Don't put oil on the firing pin mechanism.

vega

6. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Jan 11, 2005
    Some oil will just seep out of the gun, when too much is used. The rest will splatter away when you shoot it.

7. Benj

Benj

Jul 26, 2005
    Thanks guys. I'm a first time gun owner so I guess I might be oiling it too much.

8. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    IMO, grease is not good.
    It will turn to crude overtime.

BTW, what's up with the old thread ressurection?

9. toxic

toxic

Jan 15, 2005
    doin' time
    Our new member Chowchow probably want to give his POV, so he revisited some old threads.

10. dinggaling

dinggaling APO Traveler

Jul 4, 2004
    Rainbow Clubhouse
    try to use silicon/teflon based sray, it dries after application but maintains lube properties. :thumbsup: