close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oil analysis report back...pretty sweet report

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by lilslyk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. lilslyk

lilslyk
    Expand Collapse

I attached it for those interested. I came back with high lead...anyone able to tell me why this might be the case? I use unleaded chevron fuel in california and mobil 1 oil. All other relevant info on the oil report.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. UCF-Tacoma

UCF-Tacoma
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty cool. Do they say how they expect you to lower your lead levels? How much does it cost?

3. triggerjerk

triggerjerk
    Expand Collapse

4. SJRTX

SJRTX
    Expand Collapse
    Plastic Lover

Yeah, I think that is from the bearings. Rod, and main.

5. SJRTX

SJRTX
    Expand Collapse
    Plastic Lover

BTW-if you look at the report, it has a note that says the Lead is from the bearings.

6. lilslyk

lilslyk
    Expand Collapse

But they go on to say that leaded fuel and some types of additives can cause lead in oil...

bottom line is they weren't sure, and I'm not either. i posted on BITOG (bob is the oil guy) and got some pretty good responses. Going to either switch oil, weight, gas, or all of the above.

7. dbrowne1

dbrowne1
    Expand Collapse

My first thought, before I even read the report, was "bearing wear." That's exactly what Blackstone said as well.

Could be a number of things - you're in CA, and if you drive hard, that could be putting the hurt on those bearings as the oil thins and more stress is put on them. Could be that you need a higher viscosity.

Mobil 1 has the best basestock of all the commonly available oils, but it's not as good as others in the antiwear additive department. That could be part of it. A 30 weight may be a little thin for your use and climate. Try Mobil 1 0W40 or Valvoline 5W40.

But yeah...go see what BITOG says.