ohioans for concealed carry question

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by Pauliec, Sep 25, 2012.

1. good morning all,
    I'm wondering does anyone know usual turn time to approve a membership application? I filled out the form and paid online last week of August but haven't received any kind of confirmation. I realize the group is volunteer based and likely a bare bones operation and I don't want to be a jerk I just want to make sure it's somewhere in the works.

I tried emailing (rts bad email addy from their auto email) and left a message on the membership desk but no call back.

it looks like a great grass roots organization and I'd like to be involved.

thanks for the feedback!
    paul

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry invites you to attend... Pennsylvania Glockers Club Sep 25, 2007
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry Ohio Glockers Aug 14, 2007
    Good news for Ohioans General Firearms Forum Dec 21, 2014
    Record number of Ohioans get gun permits Ohio Glockers Feb 26, 2010
    SW Ohioans, tune into 700WLW AM radio Ohio Glockers Oct 19, 2007

3. Mine took just over four months, and that was with some prodding and angry emails.

4. yikes! ok, thank you for the feedback.

5. thank you for the info...I will sit tight...I was really more concerned that it vanished into some black hole of info than anything.

6. :) No problem! :)

7. an update on this
    4 mos in no membership info or follow up
    good suggestions on pming or posting but without being a registered member I can't do either, ugh
    i did receive an email in response to a messsage I sent on their facebook page but while well meaning doesn't look to have made any progress
    tough, I do like what the group stands for and as a volunteer in other organizations understand what it's like to have a shoe string budget but it seems like if there isn't a process in place to manage membership applications then perhaps membership fees should simply be categorized as donations.

8. ^ I just PM'ed OldManTod, one of the Coordinators there, and linked to your posts here. :)

I'm pretty sure that Forum activation is completely independent of the Site Sponsor and/or Patron Member support system; most of us become active on the Forum first, while either simultaneously awaiting Site Sponsor/Patron Member status or seeking such after we've gotten a feel for the place and feel like a part of the community.

Did you register your username on the Forums?

#8 TSiWRX, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  9. thank you!
    i thought I couldn't....the registration form lists an ohio ccw member number to be inputted and I didn't realize you could join the form without (sheepish)
    joined the forum, thank you for the direction and assistance!
    paul

10. ^ :) No problem! :)

Please bear in-mind that you won't be able to send PMs until, IIRC, you've reached something like 5 or 10 posts. An easy way would be to just post an "intro" thread, and respond a couple of times to people welcoming you. :) It's an anti-spam feature, that's all.

Best of luck! :)