close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ohio school district to arm teachers ?

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by brownsbacker, Jul 8, 2013.

1. brownsbacker

brownsbacker

Dec 31, 2012
    Euclid,OH
    I just heard on the news that the Newcombers school district has agreed to arm some of their teachers this upcoming year. The one teacher who will be chosen won't be identified, he or she will have to get their CCW, take a tactical training course and be certified thru the local sheriffs office. That's all the info I have so far, what's your opinion ?

2. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    "The one teacher who will be chosen" Chosen by whom, and why only one? Any teacher that wants to carry a gun has every moral right to do so.

3. rustygun

rustygun

Jun 14, 2009
    If you want to see what grass roots gun rights advocacy looks like go here.

http://buckeyefirearms.com/

The bfa was the first group to promote and run with arming teachers post the Newtown tradegy. The nra is great and i'm a life member but the bfa is getting stuff moving and has been for awhile. In ohio its a district by district choice on if they are going to let armed teachers carry on premises.

4. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

Apr 13, 2013
    South Florida
    if they are trained and proficient it could stop a bad situation quick. Say the principle in newton was armed when she confronted Lanza at the door things might have gone very differently. The other side will always claim it is dangerous to have a gun around children and young adults because of potential accidents.

5. pI20

pI20

May 23, 2013
    Well, that's better than no armed and trained individuals. I wish they wouldn't point out that only one teacher will have a CCW. Let the bad guys simply understand they won't face sitting ducks and no resistance if they decide to do something evil.

6. dennfen

dennfen

Jan 20, 2013
    There are a couple districts in my county here in Ohio that have staff members that are carrying. I took my ccw late last fall and the majority of the 30 people in the class were employed by one district.