close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ohio CCW renewal

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by gjwheels, Feb 23, 2007.

1. gjwheels

gjwheels

Aug 21, 2004
    Ohio
    I have an Ohio concealed carry license that expires in April of 2008.
    I realize I have a year to go, but I was wondering if proceedures are in place to handle renewal requests. I heard from someone in the Clermont County Sherrifs department that it may be necessary to re-pass the test. I assume that is just for range time and not the entire class. Can any shed some light on this? Thanks

2. pjb829

pjb829 Go Bengals!

Jul 30, 2001
    Ohio
    There is nothing in the law mandating that a test be retaken in order to renew your license. The caveat is that your original training must have occurred within the last six years. So, everybody gets one free renewal, and then they have to go out and take another 12 hour CCW course.

Pete.

3. Debob

Debob CLM

Jan 31, 2007
    central ohio
    You don't take the full 12hours, you need the last part about the laws,that have changed:the test portion,and the range portion.:wavey:

4. pjb829

pjb829 Go Bengals!

Jul 30, 2001
    Ohio
    Debob, you are mistaken about the test and range portion for a license renewal, it is not mandated in the law. :wavey:

5. A_Fletcher

A_Fletcher Yardwork Ninja

Nov 23, 2005
    Ohio
    That kind of sucks that you have to take the class all over again.

6. gjwheels

gjwheels

Aug 21, 2004
    Ohio
    Thanks to all. I knew where to go for the straight "skinny". Mine expires in April 2008, one of the first to apply.