close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oh oh Pinoys again in Sn Diego

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by chowchow, Oct 16, 2007.

1. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

Home > Pinoy Abroad > Top Stories Pinoys nabbed in San Diego's biggest cockfighting bust
    10/16/2007 | 12:55 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us SAN DIEGO - Authorities made what they called the largest cockfighting bust in U.S. history with the seizure of more than 5,000 roosters, hens and chicks from two training grounds that were managed and patronized largely by Filipinos, officials said.

Agents found 4,400 chickens Saturday at a 7-acre (2.8-hectare) compound in the Otay Mesa industrial area of San Diego. More than 2,500 birds were seized at the same place six years ago in what was believed to be the largest such bust in the U.S.

Hundreds more chickens were found this time at a second training ground nearby, officials said.

Other stings have resulted in more arrests but none have produced more birds, said John Goodwin, manager of animal fighting issues at The Humane Society of the United States, which deployed its own staff on the raid along with local and federal law enforcement agents.

''In terms of the number of animals seized, this is the biggest, hands down,'' he said.

Fifty people were issued misdemeanor citations, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $5,000 (€3,515) fine, and ordered to answer to cockfighting charges in early December, said Paul Levikow, a spokesman for the San Diego County District Attorney's office. If the defendants have a history of animal cruelty, they may be charged with felonies.

Another 50 people are still being sought, authorities said.

About 80 percent of the birds seized have been euthanized, Levikow said.

The cockfighting operation was managed and patronized largely by Filipinos, and fights were staged in the San Diego area, Levikow said. Many birds were sent to the Philippines or Hawaii. -

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/64626/Pinoys-nabbed-in-San-Diegos-biggest-cockfighting-bust

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

I'm not surprised. Tigbakay has reached the USA!:supergrin:

3. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

Nasa dugo natin ang cockfighting, hahha. Ganon rin ang mga latinos.

4. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

I always got the hantak and tigbakay cases when I was still a fiscal. Never went further, guys just plead guilty and pay fine. The judge always referred to the evidence as "chickens", what's left of them, since the seized dead cocks are represented in court by their cut-off legs.:supergrin: The live ones...the cops got them.

5. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

Almost every Philippine town has their own cock -fighting arena. Its the place to be every Sunday and the most noisy.

6. revo

revo
    Expand Collapse

I find it ridiculous that cock fighting is illegal in the US but they eat chickens.

7. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

As they always say: "Never play with your food".:supergrin:

8. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan
    Expand Collapse

traci lords always plays with hers:banana:

9. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

They even bet millions on boxers who beat each other for 12 rounds. And we can't deny it; there are fatalities in boxing.

10. Duckman1975

Duckman1975
    Expand Collapse

Be carefull revo, those people from PETA are trying to BANNED eating any kind of meat all animals have the right not to suffer according to them. But what about the gazillions of insects killed in cultivating vegetables and other plant based food. I'm setting up an oragnization PETAO (people for the ethical treatment of any organism), our goal is to force people not to anything that will hurt any organism. Want to join?

11. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Yeah check out your car's radiator; all those poor innocent insects.:supergrin:

12. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Please put a stiff screen in front of your radiator. Accumulated insects can cake in between the radiator fins and increase your vehicle's operating temperature.;)

13. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Oh thanks. Will have it checked at my next tune-up.

14. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

True form of Buddhism. Cant kill any living creatures bec they are reincarnates.

15. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what they wold feel about dog fights? :)

16. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

There was that ruckus last month about that football player (?) who got into hot water when he was involved in pit bull fighting... Forgot all about it; perhaps you all could still remember?

Anything about animals is a hot topic in the US, lately Ellen DeGeneres got involved into some controversy because it seems she adopted a dog from an animal shelter, but then the pooch did not get along well with her cats (now that's a lady after my own heart!):thumbsup: so she gave it away to her hairdresser, neglecting however to inform the animal shelter.

17. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

I've watched dogfight on video , where my friends pittbulls join tournaments
    Ut almost eclipsed cockfights here in our area
    I found out dogs , rarely die
    The wounds take just 3 days to heal
    Prized dogs are brought to the US for treatment

18. Duckman1975

Duckman1975
    Expand Collapse

I am not pro dog fight or cock fight but just think about this, before fights those fighting dogs and cocks are living more comfortably than most of the people in third world countries. And after the fight they get better treatment than most lower income house holds. What if those people protecting animals put there efforts in protecting or making peoples lives better. Just an opinion please don't get pissed.

19. dometop

dometop
    Expand Collapse

Pañero, that would be Michael Vick, QB of the Atlanta Falcons. By the way Bai, pareho mo ug type ni Ellen, mga sexy nga guwapa! :wink: Mebbe we can get together with all the Cebu based BoGs and share a couple of brewskies when i come home for the holidays karon umaabot nga New Year? Best regards! :thumbsup:

20. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Bingo pañero! As to Ellen, heheheh (no emoticons yet). Don't watch her show but liked her voice in Finding Nemo. Too bad her preferences are elsewhere... Do we have a local counterpart, that is, the opposite of Boy Abunda?

By all means, let's get together!