close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

OFFICIAL 10mmAUTO DEER HUNT STORY THREAD

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by nickE10mm, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    my first year with the 10mm g 20sf.. 6in lone wolf.. 180gr xtp.. 65 yards head shot... right up the nostral...

2. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    For some reason I thought that this thread was a sticky. It should be, in my opinion. It would be cool to have twisted1's hog hunt info copied here too. I believe he got a hog over the weekend with one of my WFNGC loads. A report is forthcoming.

Anyone else for making this a sticky? Tazz10m has been around lately and could probably help us with this.

3. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    Yep, sticky it. It could grow huge over the years.

4. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Tater and Kegs, I had a thread a while back suggesting that we make THIS thread AND 21's WaxTube thread stickies.... his made it and mine didn't.... probably because there were no posts in it yet. I believe our acting mod is "Mrs. V" or "Mrs. VR" or something.... can't recall right now. She might be able to assist us with the sticky-ing.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  5. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I sent a pm to Tazz10m. He has made an appearance recently so hopefully he can help.

6. Ken52789

Ken52789

May 15, 2011
    Michigan
    Nice buck!!

i'm still waiting on getting something with my glock :( hopefully tonight that changes

7. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
  8. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    You guys are the model of efficiency! Rock on!

9. Hey congrats on the buck ctious! That's awesome.

I too just had my first Glock 20 harvest! This morning, about 15 minutes after daylight she and several others came rite up the fence row i was sitting in between 2 cut corn fields. 15 yards quartered to me a shad more than i would've liked, but the shot was there and i felt pretty good for 15 yards. I am more than comfortable with that range keeping my shots every bit of inside a pop can. Corbon 135gr JHP @ 1450fps (factory projected) proved instant Lights Out. The Corbons were my ammo of choice because of the 3 different boxes i have, those were what i shot the most accurate and consistent. I was after a well place shot and got what i was looking for. Late doe season only here in southern Michigan. Still have one tag left, see what i can do!

[​IMG]

10. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Nice job, MichiGun! That Nosler 135gr .40" bullet at high speed has sure taken more deer than I'd care to admit. Wow.... good shootin!

11. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Looks like a nice doe there MichiGun. Great job. Thank you for the report.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Just curious what sights you use on your 20 michigan?

13. Ken52789

Ken52789

May 15, 2011
    Michigan
    Nice doe, michigun! Where abouts are you located? I'm still waiting for one to get in close enough to where i feel comfortable.

14. Yes the 135gr did more than i could have asked for. I guess an exit would have been nice. Yet i realize the bullet was not designed for penetration. It did rather do exactly as it was designed to. Inside the goodies basket was pure MOOOOOSH!!!!. Never did recover the bullet. Found plenty of frag.

I use XS BigDot. I love them. Very accurate when i take my time with them. Yet serve even better by the bedside!

Jackson county

I carry the 135gr corbons. I picked up some 180gr Hornady XTP and a pound of Longshot today at Schupbechs. Gonna work up a good hunting load. Hopefully i can report how those work before season ends!

15. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    That's what we like to hear. The 180-200gr XTP is just right for deer if you ask me... so long as you don't hit large bones (ribs, legs, spine are okay, shoulders are not). Wide, flat-nosed hardcast at high speed is extremely effective, as well, from what I hear. I will find out next season on that.

16. hubcap500

hubcap500

Jan 29, 2005
    Iowa
    Nice job. Congrats!

I hope to try again next week during late muzzleloader season. Had a (wild) chance at some running does last shotgun season, but didn't connect.:upeyes::embarassed::crying:

17. If you have the right kind of pet, you don't need a gun to go deer hunting. Photos speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Id have 16 rounds of 180 grainers for that nasty fella!!! Swallow a man whole he would!

19. Ken52789

Ken52789

May 15, 2011
    Michigan
    Finally got a doe with my G20! Not the biggest but i'm happy. Factory 180 gr XTP sure did it's job, passed right through. :) Figured i'd post a pic of the 6 point i shot with my muzzle loader as well. [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  20. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Nice one Ken. Thanks for posting the photos. Seems like there must be a lot of deer in Michigan. A few of the reports come from there. Enjoy those backstraps!