close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Civil Liberties Officer shot when child pulls trigger

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Sniffler, Sep 3, 2013.

1. PostsOnPercocet

PostsOnPercocet

Because your point isn't what happened in this story. He didn't shoot himself. He allowed a child to do it. He wasn't in control of himself or his side arm.

And no different if it wasn't a civi? Wrong again. First off, a civi couldn't even be by a school with a gun. Gun discharges within a certain distance of other dwellings? Arrestable offense. Threat to public safety. There are a bunch of charges that could and most of which would be hung on a civi. To say otherwise is so unbelievably wrong it's mind boggling.

I mean, really. You're going to try and say things when you know all of us have google a second away:

https://www.google.com/search?q=man...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

2. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Policy and procedure? Yes, absolutely. Willfully not following such is a terminable offense. I have discretion regarding my enforcement of applicable state law (misdemeanor) and that's about it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. officer196

officer196

So you don't think a half a second doesn't make a difference in who gets the first shot off......wow :rofl:

4. PostsOnPercocet

PostsOnPercocet

Again, so you follow procedure 100% of the time, all the time?

And you're putting words in my mouth. I never said all officers.

And this isn't the wild west where you guys can't and don't pull your guns out all day? LOL, you are seriously going to say that in the face of a plethora of stories, each day, where cops shoot dogs for no reason, homeless for next to no reason, people already cuffed and on the ground for no reason?

This is getting comical.

5. PostsOnPercocet

PostsOnPercocet

But you're arguing a point that doesn't need to be argued. A simple check of the chamber solves that problem.

And don't fall back on the procedure nonsense. I see cops breaking the law all the time let alone procedure.

6. ray9898

ray9898

I am fully aware of the law and its application. I am also aware of the elements of many of those offenses which require either specific intent or criminal negligence. An act which occurs even though someone took reasonable precautions is rarely a chargeable incident. That goes with guns, bows, chain saws, cranes and all sorts of instances where people can be placed in danger or harmed by the acts of another.

So yes...you can Google and find people who were arrested for accidental discharges. There are also many instances where no one was arrested that never make the news.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  7. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Breaking the law? Really? You do realize public safety vehicles are exempt from traffic laws?

Put the pills down, man.

8. PostsOnPercocet

PostsOnPercocet

hahahahha, you follow procedure 100% of the time. In between disregarding laws like speeding and other traffic infractions. Unless you're going to tell me you've NEVER broken the speed limit of anything like that.

It's truly unbelievable that you have a badge. You sound just like every other rookie.

Good bye rook. I'm done arguing with you. It's not even an argument at this point. You're just spouting off completely false drivel.

9. officer196

officer196

You might readjust your hat, your tinfoil is starting to shine through.

You may not have said all officers btw, but this very post pretty much just lumped it all together with your "LOL, you are seriously going to say that in the face of a plethora of stories, each day, where cops shoot dogs for no reason, homeless for next to no reason, people already cuffed and on the ground for no reason?" which probably represents less that 1% of all police interactions.

Really searching for something to grab onto aint ya. Your not even on the same incident.

Oh and it regards to do I follow SOP, yea I do. Its kinda part of my job.

10. PostsOnPercocet

PostsOnPercocet

Oh, I see. That's why all of the local cops get away with going through road blocks around here when they fall down, piss drunk.

11. officer196

officer196

And now the actual agenda is showing through, Cop bashing. It took longer than I thought it would, but here we are.

12. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

That it did. It was easy to get it out of him too.

13. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

At what school did this happen?

14. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

You have the media. You have a camera. Be a good citizen and report that.

15. RussP

Interesting, your progression through your posts.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  16. RussP

Really, then perhaps you can tell us some of your personally observed violations.

17. ray9898

ray9898

There are a few on here that like to throw out the "here they come" statement on any LE topic when actual LEO's come to discuss a related issue. For those who wonder why we do, it is because the topic of conversation is about what we do and of course it is of interest to us.

I went through a time where I really tried to ignore LE topics on here but it didn't last long term. The reason? I get tired of people telling me "this is how cops do things" because I usually end up shaking my head saying "no it isn't". I have worked the streets for over a decade and most of the "100% facts" I see on here about my line of work are basically false or mischaracterized.

Post a subject that people feel passionately about and watch those associated with it flood the topic. That is just what happens and LEO's are no different when it comes to LE topics. My profession isn't perfect, none are, but I am proud of it and will not turn a blind eye when I see what I believe is false information. This is just another example, I am being told it is undisputed how a situation would be handled if it involved a 'civi' and I know that is false from my first hand experience.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  18. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Just thought of something... did the Cop have a custom trigger job done on this G35?

19. RussP

It was asked earlier...

20. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

BS.. You have obviously never been in a shooting or lethal force encounter.

Your ignorance is astounding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD