close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Officer shot in SD.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by SomeDay, Aug 6, 2011.

1. SomeDay

SomeDay

Mar 15, 2005
    California

2. jedi573

jedi573

May 31, 2006
    Midwest
    I hope his condition isn't as bad as I fear it may be. Sending good thoughts.

Andy

3. SomeDay

SomeDay

Mar 15, 2005
    California
    Still no news. I assume there will be an update at 10PM

4. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Wow, sounds like a crazy few hours. Hope the officer recovers.

5. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009
    *headshake*

Prayers for the injured officer, family, and friends.

6. SomeDay

SomeDay

Mar 15, 2005
    California
  7. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
    "The fatal series of incidents appears to have started on the outskirts of El Cajon at about 5:20 p.m. when police responded to reports of a shooting at an In-N-Out restaurant near North Magnolia and Bradley avenues.

One man was reportedly hit by a bullet and police gave chase to a black Audi on Interstate 8 and south on state Route 15. Police stopped pursuit of the vehicle after its speeds topped 100 mph."

So, the police chase a vehicle wanted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and they call off the pursuit because it hit a 100? Then a short time later, the same actor pulls along side an unsuspecting cop and shoots him in the head? Is it just me, or does the idea that if the original pursuit hadn't been called, this police shooting would never have happened?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/06/police-officer-shot-in-head/

8. It's being reported on other cop boards that he has passed away.

9. or

Either way, prayers for whatever can be done.

10. Yeah, I hear you.

I'm sure the cop or supervisor who called off the pursuit is right now second guessing him/herself something terrible.

11. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG]

Prayers...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  12. mikegun

mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    colorado
    :fallenofficer: prayers sent, via bros on SDPD, Officer died of his wounds,they are looking for 2nd gunman who fled on foot,from the OIS.2pm, they cancelled the want for 2nd suspect...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  13. Gunshine

Gunshine

Jan 3, 2011
    Florida
    I just read the news story. This is terrible news that has become all to common. Which is why I try to be as respectful and cooperative as possible when I encounter law enforcement. Not all cops are perfect. But even the one's that aren't have the most thankless and dangerous job in the country.

14. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

:fallenofficer: People wonder why we are so paranoid as a profession, why we are so distrusting, so controlling on every contact...

15. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Prayers for the officer, According to one of the stories the officer that gave chase and then called off his pursuit was unaware of the earlier shooting. He thought he was just chasing a speeder.

This type of shooting is one of the scenarios I always brought up when teaching my guys to think about when thinking "what if"?

What if you are stopped at a traffic light and the Driver/passenger in the car next to you comes up with a gun pointing at you, What can\would you do?