close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Of all the serious calibers for carry, which is less known to overpenetrate

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by SENEN_NIEVES, Feb 18, 2011.

1. SENEN_NIEVES

SENEN_NIEVES Millennium Member

Aug 14, 1999
    Dumfries, Virginia
    Hello Mr. Ayoob

First of all i am a big fan, and have read a some magazine articles about you, and read 1 of your books, i consider you to be one of the top firearms instructors in the country, and i would like to here you imput on which caliber and possibly round, which would be less prone to overpenetration, i currently carry a 2nd generation glock 19 with 124 + p speer golddot, and i shoot its well, but i always think in the possibly of overpenetration., i just wondering if the 40 caliber, 45, 357 sig are better choices for this reason??

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    The 124 Gold Dot +P 9mm is an excellent choice for your G19. Far from being overpenetrative, it was NYPD's heavily-researched answer to overpenetration problems they had with their previous duty ammo. From NYC to Chicago to Las Vegas, it has turned out to be an excellent man-stopper as well.

Carry it with confidence.

Best,
    Mas

3. SENEN_NIEVES

SENEN_NIEVES Millennium Member

Aug 14, 1999
    Dumfries, Virginia
    Thank you very much for your promt reply, by the way, im a big fan.