close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

obama wants Marines to wear new "girly" hat

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by marchboom, Oct 24, 2013.

1. marchboom

marchboom

Aug 18, 2006
    Idaho
    This POS president's hatred for the military is unbelievable. Now he wants to make them look like wimps. Will be interesting to see how the Marine Corp commandant handles this one.

This country is going broke and he wants to waste money on something that doesn't need fixing. Typical liberal.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/

2. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

3. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    OMG NO, my condolences to my buds still serving

4. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    He'll do exactly as he's told to do. He just follows orders.

5. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
  6. I'm about 99.9% sure Obama had nothing to do with any of it.

7. I think you're right. On the news this morning only the Marine Corps itself was mentioned about the decision. I'm real disappointed to see the hats they'll have to wear. Another "bow" to political correctness.

8. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    But of course, don't believe any facts right under your nose.

9. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  10. They're soliciting opinion on FB and whatnot among former Marines as to which cover should be the default one.

It's not like "we're going to adopt this one" but more of a "we're going to have one cover, which should it be" kind of deal according to friends of mine who are lifers and still in.

But I'm sure some journalist hit piece is actually more accurate than my buddy who's a Major or another who's a GySgt.

11. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

OMG, the new proposed cover is the most effeminate thing I have ever seen in uniform design, historical or modern. It would be a disaster to implement this in the USMC.

Which is why Obama will want to do it, for sure.

12. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Since this topic is going in two forums I thought I'd go ahead and copy my post from the other one.

Meh...looks pretty traditional to me. Actually the ones they currently wear remind me of a doorman at a hotel or a bus driver.

[​IMG]

Henry Lewis Hulbert, USMC, highly decorated for his actions in the Philippine-American War (Medal of Honor) and World War I (Navy Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, and Croix de Guerre)

http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=1314

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/hhulbert.htm

He was anything but girly.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  13. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
  14. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

I am not a Marine; but doesn't one of their running cadences say "If it's good for Danial Daley then it's good enough for me"?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    While we did get rid of the stupid-#&& berets, all the services are suffering under this administration. Far beyond uniforms, there is a huge and obvious difference in leadership and direction (or lack of it) now, compared to a few years ago.

16. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

Jun 4, 2012
    I think that's more an element of going from a wartime military to a garrison military.

17. Darn those pesky facts.