close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama to make gun control a priority in new term

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

I am one of the people that a month ago was saying Obama has never done anything to threaten gun rights. I am also one of the people that now understands he has to revisit this issue. He has 50% of the US population demanding some sort of gun control. He certainly can't ignore it.

/

3. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

You must have skipped the debate with Romney where Obama promised to abolish assault weapons.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

If he can't even put this necessary financial deal together what makes you think he can put a gun ban in place?

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Very well stated. As much as I dislike the man for his economic policies and his questionable patriotism, he did sign into law legal carry in the National Parks. A very dear issue to me. HH

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

He had >50% of the people opposing Obamacare and he certainly ignored the **** outta that.

7. WarCry

WarCry

Don't bother, I tried that in another thread, and was told that I simply couldn't admit that I was wrong, while the other party (don't recall who) wouldn't admit that Dec 14th changed EVERYTHING about the gun control debate at the national level.

Nothing happened after Tucson. Nothing happened after Aurora. I would say Tucson - with a Congresswoman as a target/victim - was the PERFECT time if he had wanted to push the issue harder, but mag-caps didn't even make it out of committee. But 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds....anyone that can't figure out that that changes things isn't being intellectually honest.

BTW, it changes the DEBATE. I'm not saying that I support a new ban now, but a LOT of other people are, and a lot of politicians are listening. We just have to stay on top of them.

8. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

That debate only happened in your head.

Dude, 20 children from 5-7 were murdered, it does not matter who is President as an irrational thing happened and irrational actions will be the result.

You rant about your ARs, 20 families have presents in the house hidden away for children in coffins.

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Also with Tucson a little girl born on 9/11 was murdered. I was shocked nothing was put up but saw the writing on the wall that a ban was on the horizon and planned accordingly.

...did you??

10. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

We knew a ban was coming if your candidate got a second term.

As for the recent shooting, none of the policy makers mentioned the mental health issues. No one mentions that these massacres take place in gun free zones. I know of one school shooting that was ended quickly when a school principle went to his car and got a .45 auto and stopped the murderer.

11. 9jeeps

9jeeps

There is a whole lot of NIT WIT voters here that believe the empty O and every word he puts forth.

Get used to it. This guy is just beginning.

How's that working out for ya?:rofl::wavey:

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

we? ....you got a mouse in your pocket??

The 'we' you speak of also though Obama was going to lose. How about that fictional debate you referenced?? Sorry about all the questions, I tried to use small words.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You voted for the guy that's coming for our guns.

Congratulations. Your side won.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. BEANCOUNTER

BEANCOUNTER Millennium Member

The problem for Obama and the gun grabbers now is that pesky SCOTUS case of a few years ago, DC v Heller.

I'd guess any legislation restricting weapons in common use, or overreaching with legislation too broad, will end up in the federal courts for years to come.

Heller strongly suggests that weapons protected by the 2A are those in common use. AR-15s certainly meet the definition of a weapon in common use. For millions of us who carried a M-16 when we served in the military, the civilian AR-15 is the rifle we have the most training with (for me the only rifle I've had any training with) and, because of that training, it is probably the safest rifle for many of us veterans to own.

The Heller opinion explained that a constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all. It says that constitutional rights are enshrined with the scope they were understood to have when the people adopted them, whether or not future legislatures, or even future judges, think that scope too broad.

My guess is that Obama and the gun-grabbers will ignore Heller and go after their demon of the moment, the AR, probably magazines, too. They will probably forget all about the mental illness issues common in these mass murders and forget all about how to best protect those in gun-free zones that are unable to defend themselves.

15. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

20 dead kindergarteners pisses off a LOT of people.

Folks who were apathetic are now for gun control and want the problem resolved yesterday.

You can spin it any way you want and stick your fingers in your ear and scream until your lungs burst....those are the facts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

..or you can make up 'facts' like our friend Fox

17. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Well Duuuuuhhh...... He no longer has to keep up the act.

Since when have they followed the Constitution?

THis regime makes up the rules as they see fit.

18. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

The risk of losing is too great for Obama and he isn't going near it until he incites the lefties to a higher level (the so called national discussion). Then the gun advocates will revolt. And Obama will have accomplished what he really wants - to bring this country down. Guns are just a means to an end.

19. dango

dango

As a man living what I consider to be a righteous life ,( LIVE AND LET LIVE) , there are some things I am willing to go to jail for !

Should these out outrageous bills move forward , they better have some outrageous number of foot soldiers to do the necessary foot work involved (DOOR TO DOOR) to carry this out!

Good luck Obmination with that one......!

Maybe with their "HIGH" tech gizmos and there sniffing dogs they may to some extend be successful to a certain degree but , I've never seen a dog able to over come ammonia and black pepper to well ! Cache seems a logical solution in some cases........!Nice or nasty , I am very flexible !

20. Fox

Fox Varmit Control