close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Obama October Surprise: Deal with Iran over Nukes?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by sbhaven, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Will Obama's October surprise be a deal cut with Iran to 'temporary' halt it's enrichment work in exchange for the sanctions vanishing? Note: Its from WND so take it for what it's worth. Dick Morris was talking about this on Fox and Friends this morning.

Obama cuts deal with Iran over nukes
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-cuts-deal-with-iran-over-nukes/
    If true, wonder if it will be dropped moments before, or announced during, Monday night's debate?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    If it's from WND, then it ain't worth squat.

3. The article further claims...

4. And...

" Also, the U.S. would announce that the killing of Iranian nuclear scientists was the work of a foreign country, though Israel would not be named, to increase legal pressure on Israel."

This kind of a deal will only serve to show Obama's weakness with an adversary we know will cheat whenever it suits them. Sorry, no dice.

5. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm thinking a counter attack for Benghazi would be more likely. The guy that many believe carried it out is giving interviews:

Probably already being followed, but you have to time these things. Barry orders the guy whacked, then claims all the statements about a video were a clever ruse to keep the guy from disappearing before be had enough intel to order the hit.

6. Let's hope the Obama campaign is not monitorng GTPI.

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If I can figure it out, they probably already have.

8. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    I thought GTPI was where they got their best ideas from.

English

9. Very possible. Obama needs something to prop up his failed foreign policy. Right now the continual dibs and drabs of new Libya information will sink him in Monday's debate. Unless Bob Schieffer unleashes his inner liberal self, that sometimes leaks into his Sunday morning show, and protects and runs cover for the Administration like the previous moderators have done at times.

I don't see an upside for any kind of a deal with Iran. If what WND printed is true Obama is publicly tossing Israel under the bus (again) just weeks before the election. Many will she the deal for what is really is, a political stunt. The Iran deal relies solely on Iran holding to their word which they have no reason to do other than to keep an appeaser in the White House for another 4 years. Such a deal with Iran makes Obama look weak.

10. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    it wouldn't surprise me. mymood iminajihad would love it! he'd keep right on enriching covertly, and enjoy the relaxed embargos.

11. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK

12. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not sure I follow you. :dunno:

13. White House Denies Reports Of One-On-One Nuclear Talks With Iran
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/white-house-denies-reports-of-one-on-one-nuclear-talks-with-iran/

14. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    The timing is beyond cynical. I saw something about this on Fox earlier, its clearly a stunt to try and impress folks ahead of the election.

At our expense. Taking any heat of Iran now only helps the dirtbags.

15. Now the New York Times is reporting that Iran has agreed to nuc talks.

U.S. Officials Say Iran Has Agreed to Nuclear Talks
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/world/iran-said-ready-to-talk-to-us-about-nuclear-program.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

16. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
  17. Look a few posts up to post #14... :winkie:

18. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
  19. Stubudd

Stubudd