close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama just said...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Rabbi, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

Let me fix that for you.

He wants Obama to get reelected because he is being obtuse.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    After saying,

"That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power). "

that isn't even a good backpeddle

You were mistaken, which takes a lot away from you "credibility chip pile" on the topic.

You still aren't touching on what Obama said he would do. which is the topic at hand.

3. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    Fox IS NOT spinning it that way, Hannity just aired the video of Obama in the rose garden proving what Romney said to be, in fact, correct... Obama did not identify Libya as a terrorist attack... He said it was unclear at the moment and justice would be done to those responsible... Even days after the rose garden address he still stuck to the "this could possibly be a spontaneous attack as the result of a YouTube video".
    And his administration should be forced to release details of the fast & furious scandal... That is ridiculous...
    Also Obama FLAT OUT LIED about coal production...

4. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Cool! An old fashioned circle jerk. Can I get in on this? My wife hasn't been putting out lately. Something about her Aunt Flo coming to town this week. I hate when relatives come to visit. She never puts out. She says it has something to do with being afraid of her being heard.

:mad:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    And if there would be no grandfather clause, you may lose your investment.
    Watch the run on the so called assault weapons in the gun stores.
    Its about to get more desperate than 4 years ago now that it may be on the horizon. But will his dream of outlawing weapons include a no possession/no transfer rule?

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    You are going to call me out, hours after the fact after a change of on air personalities to Hanity?

At the time, Fox, and most places, were scoring it fairly even, with Romney 1 up on energy and Obama 1 up on Libya.

Which is a somewhat fair score. Of course it is going to get spun, on all sides, as time goes on.

7. douggmc

douggmc

Feb 23, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    You are entirely incorrect. Check the post history. The sub-thread discussion started with me saying "the best predictor if future behavior is past behavior" (post 72) in response to comparison of Romney vs Obama by TK-421. Then follow up posts in 78 and 81 on same subject. You then jump in midstream out if context and decide what the subject is?!

I am on topic and the post exchanges between TK and me were regarding behavior of R vs O and who (and who didn't) signed an AWB. YOU are the one who is not on the topic of hand, which is: past behavior(past actions) vs future actions.

I pay attention to actions, not words. Especially when one of the men speaking (Romney) is unquestionably the least trustworthy and reliable on positions held on policies that I can recall in my lifetime. The man has seemingly held every position on every major policy at least once ... It is comical.

8. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    In the context of the situation, I'll take it.

9. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    I'm not calling you out, nor am I going into how anyone is scoring the debate, I'm just saying that since the debate has been over fox has never said Bama won the Libya question... They in fact spoke to the contrary, Hannity showing a video proving otherwise... That's all I'm saying...

10. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    +10000

11. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Nice to see some people are awake......

12. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    Guys, who is the NRA backing?

13. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    http://www.infowars.com/obamas-gun-control-record-sparking-sales-worry/
    * 1994 to 2001 – Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
    * 1996 – Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
    * 1999 – Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
    * 2003 – Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
    * 2004 – Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.

14. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    +1... Finally someone gets some stats... I'm too lazy lol

15. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Absolutely not. If that would have occured with a republican in office, he would have been out of the white house by now. At the very least Eric Holder needs to be out of a job and facing criminal charges. They canned a few people, big deal.

As far as having it both ways, no we are not. See, the laws on the books are there to punish people who sell guns ilegally to gang bangers and whatnot. The laws apparently dont apply to the president and his henchmen in the lack-of-justice department.

16. And all of that was as a representative of a small group of citizens that elected him, first in his IL district, then from IL in the US Senate.

Where are the states since Jan 2009, when he was selected to represent the whole country?

— In 2009, Obama enacted legislation permitting firearms in national parks.

— In 2010, legislation permitting firearms to be carried on Amtrak was enacted, reversing a post 9/11 decision to ban them.

17. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Long Beach California.
    Yes, I agree Romney was a bit misinformed about that. However, the one thing that keeps most people from buying automatic weapons is the cost involved. Obama would clearly ban semiautos also.

18. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Long Beach California.

Rhetorical question?

19. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I hope that for everyone's sake this doesn't happen. .

20. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    And lest we forget Joe Biden's involvement in the '94 ban.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012