close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama just said...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Rabbi, Oct 16, 2012.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mainstream media isn't running with it, go figure.

2. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Dont start the "from Illinois" Bull crap again. :upeyes:

99 out of 102 counties in IL vote conservative, we just cant beat the cook county liberal lie machine with all its vote fraud and overall gerrymandering.

Painting us all as "union types that would trade guns for four more years of Obama" makes you look like a stupid ass.

3. WarCry

WarCry

And if they WERE, you'd be here saying "The MSM is pushing this new AWB and trying to get everyone behind it!"

Are they evil for not talking about it, and it would be better if they did? Or would they be more evil for talking about it in a way you don't like?

BTW, isn't FOX News THE highest-rated cable news network? Doesn't that make them, by the very definition, Mainstream Media?

4. WarCry

WarCry

I appreciate the back-up. Don't know if you agree with me on ANYTHING else, but for this part, glad to see I'm not alone.

5. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

The beauty of this country is that we dont have to agree on everything, to agree on something!:wavey:

All of us here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois get tired of being painted with the half-fag, liberal wanna-be, anti-gun, pro-union tag because we live in IL. Usually after that they say "then grow a pair and leave." Yeah, because its that easy to walk away from a mortgage, parents who are in poor health and have nearly no time left, etc.

Its easy to tell who the real stupid ones are, when they pull that crap.

6. domin8ss

domin8ss

Please keep up the good work. My wife is active duty, and we are stationed at Great Lakes. We love it here. She has already said she wants to retire here. The only thing keeping me from agreeing with her are the tight gun laws. I'm a Utah resident with a Utah resident CFP & Virginia nonresident CWP, yet I can't even purchase ammo here. I even got in an argument with a guy at Dick's Sporting Goods about how I don't need a FOID Card according to a state supreme court ruling in April 2011. I would love to carry while out here. Hopefully you'll be successful in getting nonresidents to either get a nonresident card, or for Illinois to have reciprocity with other states.

Btw, if you need statistics in favor of concealed carry, I recommend contacting the Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigations. They can tell you all sorts of good things.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

:upeyes:

Obama will attempt ta control the 2nd through EO or SCOTUS,he will bypass the houses as it suits him.It's not like he's not done it before.'08. :shocked:

8. countrygun

countrygun

that is a misrepresentation of events.

Obama wanted a certain bill on credit passed and the carry in national parks was added as a rider to the bill. With no "line-item veto" Obama had to sign the bill if he wanted "his" bill passed.

It sure wasn't his idea but he wanted the rest of the bill

9. WarCry

WarCry

Actually, the National Parks issue was around before that bill. It was a GW Bush initiative - by Executive Order, I believe - just before he left office, and it was being challenged in court (by Brady's group, if I recall). It was an EO that overturned a REAGAN-signed law banning loaded concealed weapons in National Parks. The EO took effect Jan 11, 2009, and was promptly challenged in court.

The incoming-Obama administration took up the challenge and fought FOR the EO to remain effective. In March of 2009, a federal court issued an injunction against the government, stopping the EO.

The law was added to a bill and signed - in part - to put an end to the court battle that the US Government, as directed by President Obama, was still fighting to maintain this right to carry in National Parks.

It's never as simple as you think it is, and to dismiss it out of hand as a foot-note to something else is absurd.

10. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Michelle will soon be kicked to the curb and her and Barry will be heading back to Chitown.....just a heads up! Current poll....Mitt 51% and Barry 45%. Obummer has pulled his negative ads because they are not working against Mitt. More Hope and Change Ads coming for feel good Kool Aid Drinkers.

11. kiole

kiole

His AWB comments along with his illogical argument that job creators need to be taxed more has made me consider seriously voting for Romney over Gary Johnson and as of last week I would have never voted for Romney.

12. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Does anyone think you can accurately get Class 3 into a 10 second line

suffice it to say that WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE GOVT
    you cant legally own or posses class 3 items

13. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

It means all politicians lie and only say what they think voters want to hear at the moment. We will never really know what they care about until after the election.

14. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

Has this been officially (or unofficially) reported somewhere, or is this your personal observation?

15. WarCry

WarCry

That's Gallup's poll today, of likely voters. Registered shows 49/47, as does Rasmussen.

16. douggmc

douggmc

Hmm ... Gallup today?
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/romney-obama-among-likely-voters.aspx

Registered voters from that graph look like effectively even:
    [​IMG]

... and that is accounting for rolling average ending Oct. 15 (before second debate).

Nonetheless, i don't pay much attention to the national popular vote type polling. Electoral college matters, not popular vote ... and the only states that matter are Florida and Ohio effectively. I don't know what those states are polling .... but I'm going to guess it was within margin of error pre-debate #2 and maybe tightened a bit post debate #2.

edit: http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx Front page says 48/47 Registered Voters through yesterday.

edit: Ohio is probably the most important. Ohio per Rasmussen .. Likely voters, 49 Obama vs 48 Romney: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...al_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president
    and another Ohio poll has 45 Obama vs 42 Romney most recently (but tightening): http://www.politico.com/p/2012-election/polls/president/ohio

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  17. WarCry

WarCry

I don't really care too much about polls either, but someone asked where the numbers were from.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

[​IMG]

18. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

I would guess that 99.9% of the U.S. population believes that full auto and suppressors are illegal, this includes most gun owners too. I'll cut Mitt some slack.

19. Buki192327

Buki192327

Rabbi, you are absolutely right that means something. Romney, just picked up more votes, and Obama lost votes.

20. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

The media can still throw the election. I have a suspicion that the media wants Romney and his supporters to feel confident and then throw in a media blitz at the last moment.