close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama forces Catholic Abortions

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by glockman513, Nov 12, 2008.

1. hatidua

hatidua

Nov 21, 2004
    right here
    Next we'll hear that Obama will promote a bill allowing Catholics to buy condoms - it just never ends :rofl:

2. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    They give them out in public school, who knows if they will pass a law forcing ALL school, even private and catholic schools to hand out condoms.

3. orangedawg19

orangedawg19

Feb 1, 2006
    I had to edit my entire post in order not to force this thread into IBTL mode... so here's what I'll say instead:

Good will triumph over evil.

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Oct 17, 2005
    Holy misleading title batman.

I hate the thought of abortions, and would never ever advocate one. However, who am I to tell some woman I do not know that she should not have an abortion? It simply isn't my place, nor is it yours. People need to pay more attention to their own lives, and stop trying to mandate what other people do.

5. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Jun 12, 2006
    Maybe, and rightfully so IMHO. Religion has no place in medical practice unless it is the PATIENT'S wish.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  6. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Jun 12, 2006

I agree with you to a point, until it comes to causing unnecessary pain or anguish. When a fetus can feel pain and or is sentient, it should not legally be allowed to abort it IMHO. Alternatively, we could do off of brain activity, like we do when declaring someone dead, which would be consistent.

7. jerryd

jerryd

May 14, 2003
    Stratford, Ct.
    I think Obama is the product of a Botched Abortion !!!:rofl::rofl:

8. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Jan 15, 2009
    As we progress as a society, we should legalize abortion up to the age of consent. Who am I to tell a woman that she can't have her unruly middle school children put down? We need to stop telling other people how to live their lives.

9. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Oct 17, 2005
    Is it difficult for you to differentiate between an organism that cannot live without the mother, and one that can?

I am pretty sure I first heard that "argument" 25+ years ago in high school debate class.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  10. ptwheat

ptwheat

Jun 21, 2010
    NE.Illinois
    BigJ ..I second that motion , unless the patient wishes so. Im pro-choice only because if im not its the government telling people what they can and cant do with their bodies, whats next? Personally I would never be involved in an abortion no matter what.Thank GOD Ive never been even close to a situation like that...

11. SouthpawShooter

SouthpawShooter Rocker Glocker

Mar 9, 2011
    No matter how you feel about using abortions as a method of birth control, here is an issue that needs to be addressed.

There are times when a pregnancy has complications, and it has now become dangerous for the mother to continue carrying this particular fetus. Unfortunately, sometimes the fetus has such deformations, that it will most likely not survive, and even if it does, not for long, or in a condition that is horrendous.

What if a pregnant woman is now in a crisis where it's either remove the fetus, or lose them both for sure? Should a hospital just say, "sorry, it's the Lords' will", and refuse to perform this procedure to save the life of the mother?

I for one don't think they should have to perform this procedure for the purpose of birth control, but it's when they refuse to do so in these circumstances that it gets dicey. Especially if they want public money.

The father of a good friend of mine is an ob/gyn and he once said he would refuse to abort no matter what stating "it's God's will" whether she lives through the delivery or not. This is dangerous ground. Do we really want this kind of thing to be allowed?

12. 807364

807364 "Old Salt"

Feb 4, 2003
    Nap Town
    Wow thread resurrection... :faint:

13. SouthpawShooter

SouthpawShooter Rocker Glocker

Mar 9, 2011
    I never come in this subforum.

I saw what was to me, a "new post". I didn't look at the date until after I responded.

Oh well. :dunno:

14. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    If it's "God's will" why do we even bother having hospitals?

15. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Won't happen. The Church will not go for it.

16. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    Or restaurants.

17. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Your telling me, My first post on this thread was in Nov 2008.

I was only on GT for a month and a half, and Obama was not even sworn in yet. :rofl:

My second post talked about the possibility forcing Catholic schools to give out condoms. That didn't happen yet, but under Obamacare Catholic hospitals are being forced to give out condoms and other contraceptives starting in Jan 2013.

Here is a news story from a few days ago.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ntraception-exemptions-to-catholic-hospitals/

Its seems Obama might make an exceptions. Don't want to loose those Catholic votes with the 2012 election around the corner.

18. CoffinCheater

CoffinCheater Watchman

Nov 29, 2011
    Arizona
    Considering that the vast majority of Catholics are Democrats and vote to support abortion, this thread is amusing.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  19. id1otbox

id1otbox

Oct 14, 2011
    Fort Collins CO
    I agree with you there. It seems with our system everyone has to continually compromise. Darn our diverse country!

20. Chindit

Chindit

May 3, 2015
    Northeast Texas
    If you're not a woman you won't ever need an abortion.

Let women decide the issue.

This issue has nothing to do with yo-bama.