close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama’s “Lost Years” at Columbia, New Questions from Classmate

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flying-Dutchman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman
    Expand Collapse

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/obama’s-college-classmate-the-obama-scandal-is-at-columbia/

A former classmate of Obama’s (Columbia class of 1983) in the same program as Barry Soetoro (as he was known then) never met him. Never saw him. Never heard of him.

400 classmates at Columbia were randomly called by Fox News and no one ever met Obama.

From the article:

“Romney should call a press conference and issue a challenge in front of the nation. He should agree to release more of his tax returns, only if Obama unseals his college records. Simple and straight-forward. Mitt should ask “What could possibly be so embarrassing in your college records from 29 years ago that you are afraid to let America’s voters see? If it’s THAT bad, maybe it’s something the voters ought to see.”

My bet is that Obama will never unseal his records because they contain information that could destroy his chances for re-election. Once this challenge is made public, my prediction is you’ll never hear about Mitt’s tax returns ever again.”

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    It is no exaggeration to say that Obama's entire life is made up. There are many stories like this.

When you have a blank piece of paper, you can project onto it just about any image you want. This is precisely what many in the electorate did in 2008, with the aid of an admittedly brilliant campaign. In 2012, there is a clearer picture of who he is. And his campaign is focused solely on smearing the other candidate. I am betting this strategy will fail, but only if America decides to wake up to what is really going on here.

3. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

I have one otherwise educated and articulate friend who voted for Obama largely on the "brilliance" of his "autobiography," Dreams from my Father. I recently asked him how he felt about the book likely being written by William Ayers. I also asked him whether the utter stylistic differences of Dreams and Audacity of Hope bothered him. He offered neither defense nor rebuttal -- just gave me a blank look.

He did allow as to how he would "probably not" vote for Obama this time around... :supergrin:

4. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

A Gentleman's C requires no presence on campus, nor in class.

5. automatic slim

automatic slim
    Expand Collapse
    Walmart Shopper

So, your friend wasn't a racist, and now he is?

:supergrin::wavey:

6. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Somehow, "Gentleman's C's" just doesn't jibe with the "most brilliant person ever to ascend to the Oval Office"... :whistling:

7. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

:supergrin:

Heh...Among other things, I think "racist" is about the worst thing you could call him.

I think his entire world view was formulated by Norman Lear sitcoms...

8. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Well, when you think back on how many people in fairly high placed jobs, have been fired, when it was found that they completely fabricated their degree(s) or grades, it should make you go, "Hmmmm" when someone like Obama is so desperate to keep information that seems so innocuous, from seeing the light of day.

We have all seen high achievers who made low grades in college. No one would be worried about anyone seeing that.

So, what could it be?

Applying for, and getting, scholarship money as a foreign exchange student would certainly be something that would have seemed harmless at the time, but that Obama would be ruined by if it saw the light of day now (since one of two things would have to be true, A. false claim of foreign citizenship, or B. true claim of foreign citizenship).

Either one would be political dynamite.

Once you have done a few SSBIs and seen the things people have in their background that they thought no one would find out about, there is little that can surprise you. Nothing like the rush when looking over an SF-86 when you see a big blank spot in someones background. Because, you know what it means (and normally, they are pretty boring, otherwise). :supergrin:

#8 series1811, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  9. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

What he said.

My guess is that Obama/Romney aren't releasing these records because they perceive their content to be harmful. In Obama's case, it's probably because he had poor grades, and in Romney's case, even though I am sure he complied with the law, his effective rate may have been much lower than what the average middle class American pays.

In any event, these are just distractions from real issues.

10. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

I tend to disagree. If it was just a matter of hiding grades, that's one thing. But he's also sealed all of his student writings. My sense is that there is more to the lack of transparency than "I don't want to be found out that I'm a C student." Al Gore was a pompous ass and prided himself on his intellect -- but he still let his transcripts be known.

Perhaps -- perhaps not. If the revelation of the contents proved significant enough to derail his candidacy, it would constitute more than a distraction.

I'm not dwelling on this issue, you understand -- but I wouldn't dismiss it with a flick of my hand either.

11. SPIN2010

SPIN2010
    Expand Collapse
    Searching ...

LOL You know the real issue I would bring up is this:

"Would you hire either of these guys (or any of the people now elected) to run your business, take care of your money, and defend your community?"

Maybe that ought to be a real qualification for our leaders these days. I don't care if you went to an all expense paid sissy school to learn how to cheat and lie. I care about things like what have you been a leader of men and how did it fair?

The majority of the people in the USA are so confused it is scary. If this ignorance continues the United States is doomed.

12. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

George W. Bush's transcripts were public.

13. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Yeah -- and his grades were somewhat better than Al Gore's... :supergrin:

14. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    :rofl: ... good one!

15. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm not so sure. Where there is smoke, occasionally there is fire.

Let's see it and then dismiss it if it is much to do about nothing.

[​IMG]

:popcorn:

16. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

17. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

Grades are the least important part of the trancripts and way below interest compared to his admission application, for instance.

18. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

This could definitely be part of it, but this was also before the internet. I'm not sure what would be left of any given student's papers, being that they were not put online. I'm also taking into consideration that, based on how he governs and what he says, his college papers would only confirm what we already know about his stance on government.

19. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

I agree. If there is a problem there, it is most likely related to either what he put on his application to get accepted, or to get scholarships.

20. sopdan

sopdan
    Expand Collapse
    In Expatistan

I believe things like thesis papers for higher degrees are often kept on permanent record. I know that my dad's master's thesis had to be bound into hardcover format for the university to keep. (and it wasn't an Ivy League school by any means)