close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Nypd police officer attacked in bathroom

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by fla2760, Nov 29, 2011.

1. fla2760

fla2760

Aug 12, 2006
    FL
    Staten Island police officer in wild struggle for his gun. Thank God the officer won.

http://www.silive.com/westshore/index.ssf/2011/11/college_of_staten_island_worke.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The man who died after a struggle with a police officer at the College of Staten Island has been tentatively identified as Cory Holmes, according to a police source.

The victim, an off-duty employee of the CSI Auxiliary Services, was 39.

The struggle took place at the Willowbrook campus at approximately 12:15 p.m., when an officer with the NYPD's Staten Island Task Force went into a standalone restroom facility by the school's athletic complex to take a bathroom break.

The officer observed a man engaged in some sort of drug activity, according to the source. When the officer approached, a wild struggle ensued. The man grabbed for the officer's gun, and the struggle spilled outside the restroom, where several passers by rushed in to assist the officer, sources said.

At some point the slide on the gun was pulled back and a live round popped out, according to the source. No shots were fired.

As they struggled, the man died, possibly of cardiac arrest or after falling to the ground, sources said. He was taken to Richmond University Medical Center, West Brighton, where he was pronounced dead, sources say.

School administrators released a brief statement about the incident, identifying the man as an off-duty CSI employee. The incident remains under police investigation.

Here is the school's statement, in its entirety:

Early this afternoon, an incident between an off-duty employee of the College of Staten Island Auxiliary Services and a member of the NYPD has resulted with both individuals being transported to a local hospital. Contrary to rumors that may have been circulating, no shots were fired. There is currently an active official NYPD investigation being conducted near parking lot six on the north side of campus, and the college’s North Loop Road is closed until further notice. There is no threat to the campus community and all classes and activities are proceeding as usual.

For hours after the incident, there was no information from the college about what precisely had happened.

During that time, college students and staffers were exchanging rumors via emails and the Internet about a possible shooting.

"I think there was something going on and they just don't want us to know," said Shady Ghadban, a Brooklyn resident and student at CSI.

2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    The victim??? :steamed:

The ___clown richly deserves his death!

3. Damn, the cop can't even take a bathroom break in peace.

4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
  5. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    I read that to and about had a ******* fit. :shocked:

6. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    NYPD will go at this to see if the cop went to the "stand alone" restroom facility for soem other reason than to tinkle. Dont rule that out either...I have seen stranger stuff.

Maybe just a druggie and a cop wrong place at wrong time.

7. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Yeah, he would have died if they tased him...oh wait.

8. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't get it? What else you think the officer could have been doing besides dropping a dookie?

9. Silverhawk500

Silverhawk500

Aug 22, 2008
    The Victim?????? The media can never get it right!

10. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    The part of the story I find weird is that the guy died. He just up and died of a heart attack or something. Was he some kind of zombie or something?

11. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    It's not what he thinks the officer was doing there but what the NYPD brass thinks he was doing there.

12. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Step 1: **** in a paper bag
    Step 2: Go to IA interview with said bag
    Step 3: Drop bag on table in front of IA investigators and announce: "The proof of what I was intending to do in that bathroom can be found inside the bag..."

Edit, for awesome follow up to that, attach a strip of TP to your shoe before walking in to the meeting.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  13. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    Yeah, my first thought was "Victim".... I thought they said it was a NYPD officer. Then I realized they were being idiotic and calling the suspect a victim. Stupid news...

My second thought was, "thankfully he didn't taser him or else everyone would decry the use of the taser."

Good on the officer.

14. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Weird deal. Does give you pause to decide whether or not you should get involved off-duty when witnessing a possible crime in progress. All depends on the crime of course, and if the dude was smoking reefer I'm sure the cop didn't think that incident was about to turn into a fight for his gun. I wonder how his gun ended up unconcealed and/or out of its holster. Good outcome at least.

15. Numismatist

Numismatist 5-Stand!

Nov 2, 2011
    Coast of Maine
    I wonder why the slide ejected the round? Was the cop trying to disable the gun so the BG couldn't shoot it? Was it an occurance of the struggle, or did the BG know how to disable the gun...

Interesting.:dunno:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  16. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    Exactly what I was thinking.

17. acpd541

acpd541

Aug 11, 2004
    Indiana
    Excited delirium!