Glock Talk banner

Nypd off duty 9mm load ?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fla2760 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Mas

I am going to be switching to a Glock 26 for CCW and LEOSA qualification. I have a G27 that has filled this role since 2004 but arthritis has made it necessary to go with the G26. I am wondering which load NYPD authorizes for off duty use? I retired from NYPD in 1988. Thanks Mas.

#2 ·
Thank you for your service, bro. Last I knew, NYPD was still issuing the Gold Dot 124-grain +P round from Speer, for both on- and off-duty carry of the 9mm pistol. They have been very pleased with its street results, and I personally think it's one of the best 9mm defense rounds out there, short barrel pistols or service-size.
best,
Mas

#3 ·
Thank you for your service, bro. Last I knew, NYPD was still issuing the Gold Dot 124-grain +P round from Speer, for both on- and off-duty carry of the 9mm pistol. They have been very pleased with its street results, and I personally think it's one of the best 9mm defense rounds out there, short barrel pistols or service-size.
best,
Mas
Thanks Mas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.