close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NYC Officer's Actions

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Triple7, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
  2. RVER

RVER

Aug 3, 2004
    PA
    How did they react? Better than me.

They were professional and displayed exceptional restraint. Me, I'm not so restrained anymore and probably would have been the topic of a post "How do you think this @#$% reacted to the mob at 3:00 mins - yea the guy choking someone out (or worse)...

They really did a great job.

3. They reacted as they were trained to do, to keep order and arrest those that need to be arrested / disturbing the peace (disorderly conduct). Trying to arrest someone who's resisting is one thing. Now try arresting someone at the scene of a demonstration, who's resisting AND retreating into an "angry crowd / mob"....:steamed:.. This takes it to an entirely different level... A You Tube video doesn't do it justice. ... You may not realize this, but not only are the Police being at taped by the public, but also by the PD for a review of tactics. I commend them for acting with restraint.

4. I saw one TARU officer videotaping. The problem is the dummy was using his strong hand to do it with and his pistol was vulnerable.

5. I think the demonstrators protesting against Wall Street resonates very sympathetically with everyone. Heck, I'd like to kick some Wall Street butt for losing a large chunk of my retirement and investiment monies since 2008.

But as for the NYPD's conduct, that has been for the whole a non-event except what was stirred up by the media.

Mass demonstrations seem to follow a certain characteristic. First they start out as fairly friendly. Then when the demonstrators realize no one is paying attention, or their messages are not resonating, plan B is to incite the police. Works great in getting tea and sympathy, and media attention.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. actionshooter10

actionshooter10 CLM

Dec 29, 2006
    Texas
    Didn't see anything inappropiate right off.

Did you have a specific complaint?

7. Nick.45

Nick.45

Dec 26, 2007
    Iowa
    At 3:09 the chick in the black shirt and green bag takes a swing/swipe at one of the Sergeants, she is then arrested, I see no "police brutality". She learned that her actions have consequences.

Is it just my computer or is the video put in fast forward at around 2:55?

8. ......except for all that Oscar Tango the guys and gals are making....Can you say, Ca Ching...:supergrin:

9. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    .............and BO

10. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan
    Most suspicious thing I have seen in the bottom video is the pepper spraying around 4:00. Othere then that, well looks ok to me.

11. Then she did something else to the brass in the white shirt, which is what got her arrested, I think.

12. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    They're lucky I am retired. My reactions would be a huge YouTube sensation.

13. "The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching!"

Well no (poop) sherlock! In the age of YouTube, what the hell do you think?!

Fracking tards . . .

14. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    Pepperball, bean-bags, Taser, Taser X-rep, gas grenades, OC, rubber bullets, all not used.

15. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  16. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    I think they needed more fire hose, sting-ball grenades, and 3' sticks used for beating hippies. JMNSHO. What they did probably plays better on the news though.

17. That's kind of harsh calling him a dummy. Only problem is every camera I know of needs to be operated by the right hand (strap to support hand is meant for right handers and the LCD screen is on left side meaning you must carry it in your right). You'll notice there was another similarily dressed officer with the camera operator at all times to watch his back.

I was in our Forensic Identification Unit (just another name for CSI) and part of our mandate was videotaping demonstrations or other public gatherings. We always worked in pairs. One operated the camera and the other would watch his back and that was his only job.

I can't think of any other way to carry the camera properly but perhaps you could suggest a better way.

18. If you watch the video there are several times where his side is to the crowd and he's within spitting distance of the crowd. In addition if you look at his hand the videocam is synched down tight on the back of his hand so he can't drop it in a hurry. I'll rephrase what I said, he's not a dummy, but some of his actions weren't the wisest.

19. It's still going on. Thus, I think NYPD should step up their game and collar EVERYONE who fails to comply the first time.

There was a time that I've heard of that there would be charges of mounted cops to clear such a scene.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011