close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NYC for 9/11 Memorial

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by S. Kelly, Sep 6, 2011.

1. S. Kelly

S. Kelly
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone heading to the 9/11 Memorial on Sunday? Any ideas from the NYPD guys on where to go? I came down with a few guys 10 years ago, made the 5th memorial and am coming down this year.
    Thanks in advance.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Patchman

Patchman
    Expand Collapse
    Florist

What I know:

12 noon Friday 9/9/11 NYPD Emerald Society parade. Start at Battery Park and ends at NYPD memorial (behind World Financial Center). Step off time is 1200 noon. I understand some foreigh cops will be marching in uniform.

0830 Sunday 9/11/11. Uniformed cops/original first responders will be directed to ZUCCOTTI Park, between Liberty St & Ceder Street, by Broadway and Church St. Ceremony will start promptly at 0830 hours.

3. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

One of our Sgts. is going. He is retiring this month so it will be one of the last things he does as a cop.

The 20 year will be a few months before I hang it up. I'll have to try to get to that one.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Member Millennium Member

From what I heard if you have not "set things up months in advance" getting close on Sunday...... Odds don't look good. Hope it works out.

5. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

I wish I could go. I stood on the roof top of the twin towers just a few months before they went down in 2001. I plan on revisiting ground zero someday before I die.

Its still eerie looking at my old pictures of our visit that year.

What I dont get is why Mayor Bloomberg is restricting the attendance of the 1st responders and police that were there that day? That makes no sense to me at all unless I just dont understand the fine details?

Thats so disrespectful.:steamed:

6. seanmac45

seanmac45
    Expand Collapse
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

I and everyone I worked with that I still communicate with will be scrupulously avoiding the 9/11 anniversary this year.

We do not tread where we are no longer welcome.

7. Vigilant

Vigilant
    Expand Collapse

Amen.