Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

NY1 / '-' connector: slight resistance at beginning of pull?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Serafino, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Serafino

Oct 19, 2011
    So I installed a NY1 with a '-' connector in my new Gen 3 G26, and I'm liking it pretty well, but right at the beginning of the first pull there is a slight click feeling, as of resistance briefly met and overcome.

I'm thinking this is the trigger bar pushing the striker safety out of the way, and that therefore there's nothing I can do about it short of buying a titanium plunger since the original is plated? I guess I can polish the relevant part of the trigger bar but since it doesn't feel gritty I imagine I won't notice much difference?

Seems like the added upward pressure by the NY1 trigger spring is making the transition of the bar onto the plunger require more force?
  2. Serafino

Oct 19, 2011
    ...or to put it a different way, it feels like there are three phases to the pull, fairly equally divided. The 2nd phase starts with a noticeable feeling of something engaging, then the third phase is the rolling break.

I don't even notice it when I'm shooting, but if it's not normally there with this setup I'd like to know how to get rid of it.

3. All but one of my Glocks have the NY1 and (-) connector setup. Some initially had the feeling that you describe in the trigger, but it faded quickly with rounds down range, and a little polishing. Make sure your trigger bar is lightly polished, and give the stock safety plunger a light polish. Flitz, and a Dremel work wonders.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Dry fire, shoot, and/or polish like the guy said.

After 1000 rounds, you will forget what you just wrote.
  5. Serafino

Oct 19, 2011