close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NY paper lists all LE pistol license holders

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Frankie Bullets, Dec 26, 2012.

1. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well Played Sir! I am now feeling the burn of beer in my nose.

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    In the first thread about this, I completely overlooked that he edited his own information out of the original story.:upeyes: Now that's integrity...not. What a scumbag.

The police in New York really have to have a pistol license? Here we just have a statute that says the police can carry a gun anywhere, any time. The "permit" is a badge.

3. My Name and address is on this map,along with allot of active and retired LEO

Prior to HR218 in 2004 .If you planned on keeping your firearm when you retired you needed a Pistol permit to keep your firearm.

Well one of the more active pistol permit clerks assisted allot of the local LEO guys in getting there permits in place prior to retirement, who then encouraged the city guys to do the same. we are a suburb of NYC and our county is loaded with allot of the NYPD because it such a short commute.

In our area its not common for a LEO to bring his or her car home at night unless they are one of the bosses or a K9 so unless you know them personally you don't even realize what they do for a living and there home and family is just as safe as a non leos home

Although I am not ok that I landed on this interactive map.I feel its catastrophic that all of the LEO'S landed on it. Its just bad Business doing this to them.

:steamed:

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    In many states it is illegal to knowingly list, the home address of law enforcement officers...New York need so get on the ball.

5. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    Here there is no REQUIREMENT for LEOs to have a carry permit, but it is encouraged. Even with LEOSA, because if you get suspended for whatever reason, you now have no other protection. If you get involved in a shooting (regardless of outcome) you will be suspended for the duration of the investigation (which can last several months). So a carry permit is your only defense.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  6. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    It looks like the communist handlers have taken over a major portion of NY

7. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    The biggest ramification I predict is a rash of burglaries because the dirtbags now know where to go shopping.

8. Just to clarify. NY does not require active LEO's to obtain a license. Your carry is on department credentials. Retired guys, however, need a permit. Some guys also get permits for the reason that Ottomatic stated.

Mayhem: That'll never happen. We can't let the public know where RSO's and ex-felons live, but we sure can tell them where CCW permit holders do. Cause criminals deserve to be able to "reintegrate" into society. :rolleyes: It's a joke in this state.

9. Frankie Bullets

Frankie Bullets

Mar 27, 2008
    Thin skinned? I Retired 30 years ago as a Patrolman, now my children patrol NYC. I worked when the BLA (black liberation army) killed our guys, the weathermen bombed our city, the son of sam killed citizens, the FALN bombed Fraunces Tavern and Police HQ. My precinct alone had over 100 homicides in one year. In NY a permit is needed when you retire to keep your weapon. The press hates LEO's in NY and any video from perps is made to show our guys in the wrong. I did not call for retaliation, I want the press not to get special treatment. When I was appointed, our guys all had all been in the Military. There was respect and people actually wanted us to protect them. Now the press can not wait to attack us. They have no honor or fairness. I worry about the current guys working. Every chance I get, I try to show them how to be safe so they can go home at end of tour.

10. True.

11. I predict some type of mayhem is on the horizon, possibly before the end of our thief-in-chief's second term. I just can't predict which group will touch if off: the working class who have finally had enough, or the moochers, who still want more freebies.

I want no part of it, and I hope I'm wrong. I hope.....

12. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Your guys are not allowed to carry off duty while on standard, paid administrative leave following a righteous shooting?

I do agree with having a carry permit, though. You can never have too many legal justifications to carry. In my state, a permit is required to purchase handguns, and it's a no-brainer when a permit to acquire is good for a year and a permit to carry is good for five years.

13. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Seriously? Thirty years OTJ and you're naive enough to either believe that any officer shows members of the media "special treatment" as if they were cops, firefighters, doctors, etc AND/OR that what you call for is not "special treatment" of another kind.

They were wrong to print the list. We're better than they are and there is no reason to doubt that, nor is their any reason to call it in to question.

14. Devans0

Devans0

Oct 26, 2011
    This 'outing' of permit holders is an abuse of freedom of speech that decreases public safety IMO, but it doesn't shock me. Newspapers aren't doing so well, and any muckraking to goose sales and readership is fair game. My local Iowa (conservative) paper lists all permit holders and has for years.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I've seen it both ways where an officer is relegated to desk duty where he has no public contact while a shooting is investigated and gets to keep the badge. I've also seen officers on paid admin leave where he is sitting at home waiting for the call from the investigator and has no gun and badge. Just depends on the agency, but the more progressive (good sense) agencies here do allow the officer to keep his status while the shooting is being investigated.

16. Ducowti

Ducowti

Jan 11, 2009
    NY
    I am not on the map, but a (non-LE) neighbor is. Another guy in my dept. is not, but his same-house wife is in addition to many if not most in my dept.

We are not happy about it. The press can obfuscate their agenda by calling it FOI, but their manner here is akin to listing sex offenders.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

When the cold burgs get going at all those residences, maybe you guys can do a class action and put that rag out of business.

18. Frankie Bullets

Frankie Bullets

Mar 27, 2008
    I can not believe you were LE. And if you were then not knowing what goes on in my area, I understand. In NY the news trucks and vans run red lights all the time. Members of the Force do not give the press people any tags. They park on sidewalks, fire hydrants and do what ever they please. They fear retaliation from the Department. As I said before, they make cops the bad guys in just about every story, both in print and on TV. I know I only have a couple of posts on this forum and can not compete with an expert such as you. But rest assured that if you are LE, and I ever came across seeing you in trouble, I would still at my age jump in to save your behind. Furthermore, if this is how you treat members of the force, I do not care to be a member of this forum.

19. Easy there Frankie! You come out of the gate with a first post at near epic status, then get all sorts of butt hurt because we, who are veteran cops as you presumably are, question your thought process based on A SINGLE POSTING.

I trust you weren't this thin skinned on the force and weren't this rash about perceived injustice by a single job related demographic.

If you are this presumably upset about how the media operates their vehicles, I trust you have written station managers about the observed driving behaviors?

Piece of advice to you as a newcomer: calmly introduce yourself, give us something that verifies that you were bacon bits, calmly explain your thoughts after the introduction and you may find we may get along. But don't ever assume that we march in step to the same blue line marching song.