close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NY: Our Glock 10 round mags grandfathered...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ADK_40GLKr, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    ...under the new bill under consideration in NY Senate today. Already passed the Assembly.

Here's the bill:
    http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013

It grandfathers in our 10 round mags, but we can only load 7 rounds.

We can keep our "assault weapons" but must register them. (definition of term is expanded to 'magazine-fed semi' with ONE military-like characteristic.)

Confiscation: ONLY IF, we are, or live with someone, who has an ORDER OF PROTECTION against them, (etc.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

Jan 13, 2008
    North Jersey
    Yeah it says you can own the 10 round but use only 7 rounds of ammo in it. What kind of idiot wrote that?

3. Problably the same idiot who decided we need a plug in our shotguns to allow only three shells for bird hunting!:supergrin:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

Feb 22, 2009
    Michigan
    That is downright stupid...

5. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    Well good for you. I'd be packing my crap up and moving to another state, but that's just me.

6. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    Make sure to put up a sign on your house reminding the criminal's they can only have 7 rounds too. Tell the police they can only have 7 too.

7. Roger H

Roger H

Jul 11, 2006
    Sutherlin , Oregon
    I did just that 38 years ago for alot of other reasons. God bless Oregon

8. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    I guess you could always load 10 rounds and then if you have to use your weapon for defensive purposes and somehow only used 7 or less, you could unload them real quick before the cops showed up. Or you could just carry an empty mag and say "Hey, I just had like five in each mag so, like, totally legal here!"

Or you could just move to, say, Missouri and buy a bunch of 17 round mags or even 33 round mags and knock yourself out.

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser

Feb 22, 2009
    Michigan
    That brings up a good point, do any of these rediculous bills have exemptions for law enforcement, military, etc????

Most law enforcement around here carry Glock's or Sig sauer's. Don't imagine they would be too happy with limiting the number of rounds they can carry.

10. clarkz71

clarkz71

Aug 24, 2012
    South Florida
    I left NY in 1987 for Florida. Same year shall issue passed
    for CCW license

11. If I were under such restriction I'd start carrying 2-3 revolvers at any given time.

12. glockmaniac

glockmaniac

Mar 22, 2003
    Upstate,NY,USA
    I'm going to have to make an exit plan.I wish I could just pull up anchor and sail right now to a free State.All I can say is I didn't vote for these people, I didn't vote for Obama.It's a sad day for NY.I honestly feel ashamed of being associated with this filthy State.

13. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Aug 22, 2009
    From what I read in the bill you will have to put a device in your 10 rounders so they can only accomodate 7 rounds for them to be legal.

14. attrapereves

attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    Midwest
    When will this insanity stop?!? Who comes up with this arbitrary number of 7? Next, they will try to limit it to 5, then to 3, then down to single shot until the only thing you are left with is a flintlock musket.

Just like how Chicago runs Illinois, NYC runs the entire state of NY. There are some good people in upstate NY who love shooting sports, but the big city has to ruin everything.

15. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Sounds like a microcosm of CA

16. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    I agree, who comes up with the number 7 or 10 for that matter.

Are they saying that it's OK for a crazy person to shoot 7 people but not 8?

Dave

17. t1tan

t1tan

Dec 8, 2004
    I hope you New Yorkers defy this legislation at every turn until you can escape

18. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    The same idiot who tells you how much soda you can drink!
    Idiots, all the laws in the world are not gonna stop criminals!
    :upeyes:
    Funny how the states with the strict gun laws have the most crime.
    Hmm I wonder why that is.

19. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Hey, you got a friend in PA!

I lived in NJ for long time, same crap. I got out moved over the border in PA and its like a different country here! Im so happy I got out of NJ for many reasons, as the gun laws was a big one!
    I still travel to work in NJ and that's it.
    They wont honor my CCW either! The state sux!
    As far as NYC I never go there, I just don't feel safe in that city unarmed!

20. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    You cant carry in NYC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.