close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NY folks please read.....personal fiasco

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kaboom336, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    So....

I sold my GLOCK using the classified section of this fine forum...

Worked GREAT!!:supergrin:

I am now attempting to ship to the buyer....in KENTUCKY....the GLOCK he has paid for.....

I contacted UPS and FED/EX local offices and various independent shippers......NO WAY they will not touch it....

Called local FFL that I deal with.....NO WAY.....he has not received any clarification about what he can and cannot do therefore he will do nothing at this point in time......:dunno:

Contacted another FFL who will ship but he is out of town until this weekend......

I hope my buyer understands:embarassed:

The level of fear and confusion in this area surprised me....

The federal regulations have not changed but folks are literally terrified to touch these things......:faint:

Make sure you can ship it before you sell it........

2. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    UPDATE:

I spoke to the buyer by phone........and while understandably dissapointed at the delay he will wait a few days:wavey:

This is nuts:steamed:

3. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    Let me ask you a question: Are you in the NRA??

4. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    NYS, you are doomed ... leave now and take said gun to new place of residence for ship. Good Luck!

5. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    Yes I am a member of the NRA and moving is not practical at the present time......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    I think I would have lined up how to ship before I put it up for sale. Not faulting you at all as this is probably the 1st time you have ever had to do something like this.

7. I say you deliver it to him personally and not return.

Sent from my Obama phone.

8. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    Not sure why you would surrender your God-given rights for 'practical'. Your words. Nothing, NOTHING, would stop me from leaving. I'd rather live homeless and free in the hills of OK than comfortably under tyranny. Unfortunately, if most think like you we ARE doomed as 'they' have been saying we are.

9. silvrevo

silvrevo

Jul 21, 2007
    think of all the pending sales made the few days proir to all this crap actually going thru

what a mess!!!!!!

10. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    I never expected the responses I received as the federal laws are still unchanged.......even an FFL holder for 30 plus years doesn't even want it in his shop at the present time......fortunately I know other FFL holders......

The government here in NY is feared to the absolute.....but I cannot walk away from my job and my responsibility to my family.......

I wish it was as simple as some of you make it sound......

11. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
    I'm here with you and feel the same. Just not that simple to walk away from a life you've built for your family. Someday......

12. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  13. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

AMEN!!!!!!!

An UNCONSTITUTIONAL law is NOT a law.

If the Constitution is in tact and they are just writing new laws for the heck of it, then they are ILLEGAL laws....plain and simple!

Our forefathers broke the "law" as well, and we all know how that fight ended!

Don't give up! We will prevail if we stand as one nation!!!

TGG

14. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    I would fight on every legal level I could.
    I would write to my "representatives" and practice civil disobedience where ever possible.
    Get on the school board and get politically active yourself.
    You owe it to your children to bring them up in the best environment you can provide.

15. clarson_75

clarson_75

Mar 25, 2010
    could you field strip it and send in a couple different boxes? might be a little more, but then neither can be identified as a gun

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Perhaps I am missing something, but I've gone over the new NY laws and I cannot for the life of me see how something as mundane as shipping a handgun to an FFL would, legally, change?

The frame would still legally be, and could still be identified as, a gun.

Any reason you can't ship it UPS to an FFL and just not tell UPS what's in the package? Use an online account, enter the package info, pay, print a label, tape it to the box, schedule a pickup or drop it off at a UPS store...done deal?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  17. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    You have to tell the shipper it is a firearm......the frame is still a firearm....

The federal laws have not changed but some folks are not willing to take the risk......

The buyer WILL receive it....it is just taking a bit longer....

18. Yes, it really is that simple once you've made your mind up that you won't tolerate the tyranny oppressing you. You say it's not "practical" to move. Then don't, stay and live like a peasant.

But that's the problem, you guys stay where you are, feeding their tax machine to keep your oppressors in power. Take your voting rights and money to another state where you're appreciated.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

19. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    I think your jumping the gun,lol selling off your Glock because of this NY law crap!
    I would keep it!
    You could always move to PA like a lot of others have done and take public transportation into NY for work! Most that live here still work in NJ and NY including myself!
    Best thing I did was move from NJ its like a different country in PA

Start spreading the news, Im leaving today, NY NY I want no part of it, NY, NY!
    Steve McLaughlin for president!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPCRJJFlKA&NR=1"]Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin discusses the New York SAFE Act - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUaIdiUUrI"]Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin discusses the NY SAFE Act - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

20. kaboom336

kaboom336

Oct 4, 2010
    WAY North NY
    Scrappy.....I'm 500+ miles from NYC

Taking a train from PA every day ain't gonna work.....

kenpoprofessor......I respect your opinion and you can make any decision that suits your situation......

You do not know mine so attacking me or my love of freedom and making me the bad guy is flat wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.