Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

NY buck archery kill

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by JPP, Oct 24, 2010.

1. JPP

Aug 12, 2010
    10 yard shot at 8:30AM Saturday Oct 24.
    Buck came in to soe bleat can call.
    Elite GTO, Gold Tip arrows, 100 gr Slick Trick Grizztrick broadheads.

This buck is a neat, satisfying kill because I have 17 pictures of him from my game camera since July. I have seen his rack progress throught the year. Unique antler shape, haven't seen too many palmated antlers like this before.

For 4 straight years I have been passing up shots at small bucks. Then the bucks go on other properties around me and get shot, so I am being stupid. Guys around me shoot anything which I have no problem with at all. Just figured out that I can't QDM my small place while others around me don't. I haven't seen a decent buck in the past 6 years.
    I'm very happy with this buck.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. 1faSStchevy

Sep 30, 2009
    South Florida
    Good deer. Whens dinner?:eat:

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    Good shooting amigo ! Congrats.

Man that is some very nice (thick) wooded senery in the back ground.

Good hunting and eating.

4. steve1911

Jul 12, 2004

5. Great bow kill!!!!! In your postion i wouldn't of passed him up either but think what he would of looked like as a 5 year old. Did you have very good blood. I have been using slick tricks for about 3 years now, and i always find my deer but the blood sucks till about 30 yards, then its like a red carpet.
  6. JPP

Aug 12, 2010
    yeah, this buck looks like he had some nice genetics. In 5 years he would have been a dandy.
    I did have a GREAT! blood trail, but it was probably due to location moreso than the broadhead as I cut the artery along the spine.
  7. yeah it looked like the shot was alittle high, for some reason i always shoot high but most of the time i take out the opposite lung. I have only had one deer that really bleed out. like i said i have found all my deer so i wont be switching. I love slick tricks.
  8. P.S. if you could get your neighbors on board with QDM yall could grow some monsters!!!
  9. JPP

Aug 12, 2010

my neighbors are all 60-70 years old
    they take what they can and don't care about big antlers
    Oh well, it's supposed to be fun and they are having fun
  10. JPP

Aug 12, 2010
    yeah, shot high and cut the artery
    don't know what happened, I still blow archery shots after all these years....:crying:
    he was slightly quartered toward me
  11. i have the same problem, i have taken about 20 deer with my bow, about 6 bucks and the rest does. i shoot about 50 arrows aday but when it comes to taking a deer i never remember taking the shoot. I dont really rush myself, i guess its just all the adrenaline going. When im in the stand i always tell myself....dont rush take your time but it never helps