Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

NRA Pistol/Personal Protection Inst. Course

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Rikki, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Apr 10, 2002
    Behind the curtain
    1680 Optimist Road
    Elizabethtown, Ky

Sept 28-30, 2007
    Hours 0800-2000

Advance registration required by sept 17, 2007 (class size limited)

Live fire is required; bring handgun and 150 rounds of ammunition;dress accordingly.
    Bring eye and hearing protection, note paper and pencils, lunch and drinks.
    Note: Home Firearms Saftey Instructor is included at no charge.
    Please note:
    NRA instructor cert is Sept 28, 0800-1400
    NRA pistol instructor cert is Sept28,1400-2000 & Sept 29, 0800-1300
    NRA Personal Protection Inst. Cert. is Sept 29,1400-2000 and Sept 30,0800-1800.

For more info contact:
    Roy or Donna Gatlin
    1680 Optimist Rd
    Elizabethtown, Ky 42701-6152
    270-307-9301 or 270-307-1747

Cost is $80 for Pistol and $80 for Pers Pro.

Note..I'm posting this for Roy and Donna-friends af mine- Nice folks that have been doing NRA classes for YEARS...They have a very decidedly laid back style of teaching.This will be a nice weekend and I don't think you'll find a better price.
  2. glockguy609

glockguy609 A self portrait

Aug 18, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Dang, I already have two other things going on that weekend.

3. B+Shooter

B+Shooter Last Man Out!

Aug 13, 2006

Could you tell your friends to reply back? I've sent email and left messages, and haven't got any responses. I don't want to miss any deadlines.

4. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Apr 10, 2002
    Behind the curtain
    I spoke with Roy today- he and Donna are at the Muzzleloader National's in Friendship, In. Told him to go home and answer his e-mail and phone msgs...
    He said "Oops!"...Use the name B+Shooter when he calls you,he's saving you a spot, providing he answers all your questions OK...
    He'll call you Monday Eve.
  5. B+Shooter

B+Shooter Last Man Out!

Aug 13, 2006
  6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I took Roy's classes a couple of year's ago and I really enjoyed them. It's a pretty laid back atmosphere and you will really like Roy and Donna. I was thinking of signing up for the same classes at some wannabe ninja school near Cincinnati that (a) wanted $250 er instructor class, (b) wanted me to take their NRA basic course (also overpriced) before I could take the instructor courses (that is NOT an NRA requirement). Then I found Roy, who taught me the same classes and gave me the same certification and did it in one weekend (per cert) for WAY less money.

In short, good class with good people and the cheapest NRA instructor certification you will find around here.