Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

NRA Firearm Insurance

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 3000fps, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Thanks for the info. I've been an Endowment member for a very long time and never thought that I had to "activate" anything.

2. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
  3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for the heads up.
  4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    That's disappointing, if an invading army steals my guns or they're destroyed by a nuclear bomb, I'm not covered. :crying:

Thanks for the heads up. The way I read it, once you've activated it, you don't have to activate it again as long as you don't let your NRA membership lapse and the NRA continues their Master Policy with the insurance provider.
  5. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
  6. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
  7. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    Has anyone, here, had occasion to use this insurance?
    How did it go?
  8. bear59801

Jun 9, 2010
    A number of years ago I had a customized .45 stolen when my car was broken into; they paid not only for the gun's replacement cost, but the cost of the modifications. Less deductible of course; I forget how much that was. I had to produce paperwork to verify what I had spent, and they needed a copy of the police report.
  9. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    That sounds great.
    Thanks, Bear!
  10. I have the full policy... Hope I never need it
  11. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    That's why I never had to do this before....
  12. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    I recently realized my homeowner's insurance limits firearms loss claims to about $4k or $5k and they won't write a rider for more coverage. I need more insurance.

I'm aware of ArmsCare. Does anyone else have other firearms insurance? Recommendations?

ETA: bac, how do you insure your collection?
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  13. xfarfuldog

Feb 2, 2007
    SW OH
    One thing you need to know - you have to submit a claim within 3 months of the loss. I had a burglary in November. My Glock 17 was taken. My homeowners insurance deductible is a thousand dollars. My total loss was less then $ 1000 so no help from them. I had forgotten about my NRA insurance. When I called the insurance carrier they told me about the 3 month rule.

I did not get my claim presented in time. Not a criticism of the program, you just need to present claim in a timely manner.
  14. Lloyd's of London I'm sure.
  15. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Yep, first thing I did when I got my Membership paperwork was to fill out the Insurance form and get it mailed off to the NRA to get things activated. Thanks for the heads up though for others who might not know about this.