Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Now that the season is winding down...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by StockGlock23, Dec 27, 2006.

1. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

Aug 10, 2004
    Bremen, IN
    Who here goose egged this year? I never took a single shot this year. I saw a few deer real early that were out of range. I never saw a single one close except for when I did not have a gun or it was not legal/safe/practical to shoot. I had one nice 8 pointer walk about 25 yards from me opening weekend but it was about 1/2 hour before legal light. The next time I saw him he was trotting away from me after I made a very poor/unsuccessful stalk. I have saw a few pics of you guys doing fairly well, so let's hear some sob stories (like mine) or some fantastical misses.

Notice that I say nothing about getting lucky and getting a deer. Luck may have a small part but if you were not out there in a place where you thought there would be deer then you would have never had a chance. I have yet to get a good shot at a deer from my sofa. I did pick up some antlers from a long dead whitetail that I sawed off and took home. I also found a deer skeleton that still had most of his 12 points intact before the mice and whatnot had their way with it.
  2. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Nov 18, 2003
    Bad-Lands Ranch
    Sorry to hear that.

I shot 3 this year, but again none are the monsters that I dream about holding out for.

Our season runs through 1/1 and I plan on going a couple more times between now and then if I can get ontop of the pile of work that I have to do.

3. I have until 1/1 in one area and 1/21 iirc in another. Had a series of bloopers on my behalf the last being was so eager in getting out to the grounds, I forgot to rack a shell in the SG and in so doing so miss an opurtunity with a nice buck 2x2 if I saw him right walk into my eye sight,

But this has been very very bad, all of my areas that should have standing water are Bone dry ( in Kramer voice from seinfield )