close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Now it's the SSA buying ammunition.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by wmodavis, Aug 15, 2012.

1. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    As someone else pointed out. They are probably spreading the purchases around to avoid placing the order for 2 Billion rounds and attracting attention. Unfortunately for them, it's not working. . .

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The people that run InfoWars are certifiable nut hut material.

3. 174000 rounds would be enough to qualify about 180 agents yearly at my agency (250 rds per agent 4 times per year).

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Not sure how big SSA OIG is but I know they have at least a few hundred agents, based on my conversations with the handful of instructors I went through a FLETC course with last spring. .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Glad to see some logic being brought to the table.

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

You mean maybe all there is to this is just guys qualifying in some slightly less well known federal law enforcement agencies like the National Marine Fisheries Service? Western civilization as we know it is not on the brink of total collapse??

7. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    :rofl:

Reading such editorial reporting containing "interpretations" of common procurement activities, and the descriptions used therein, reminds me of the poorest quality fiction that used to be sold under the heading of "Men's Action Adventure" in bookstores ... :whistling:

Missed seeing the online coupon for discounts toward bulk purchases of foil hats (but then I seldom can make it through such "articles"). :upeyes:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  8. So - one person says the source is a nut case. That means the news report is false???

9. I think the real story behind all of these ammo purchases is how many unknown LE agencies the government have.

10. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    It's for the death panels! Head for the hills granny, and cover your wheelchair tracks as best you can!:fred:

11. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    Looks to me like the government is gearing up for a war (civil unrest). Standard Big Brother actions, arm the government while attempting to disarm civilians.

12. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Wow I get to use the same pic twice in one week.

[​IMG]

13. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Or maybe their sending all that ammo to Mexico. All those people with who got Fast & Furious guns need ammo!

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    For training, 174 cases of ammo would not last long at all.

:cool:

15. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama

Amen!

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    I'd not describe them as being "unknown". Just not agencies that make the mainstream news every day.

For most of the motoring public who have no interest in learning about such things, or have reason to run afoul of them, it might be pretty surprising the first time they hear about some of them, though. (It certainly was to me when I first entered LE work and started to hear about them.)

It's amazing the number of agencies that usually exist at all levels of fed, state & local governments which employ people in armed/enforcement positions, and/or have powers of arrest to one extent or another.

That pic is perfect. ;)

Made me chuckle.

For everyone eagerly jumping on this "revelation", I suppose we could try to get confirmation by running down to the local newsstand or supermarket checkout line and looking through the "hot sheets" on the racks, right? (In MIB fashion, of course) :tongueout:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  17. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

There are people on Glocktalk that claim they shoot a thousand rounds a week (and some probably do). People should want LEOs shooting more, not less. :supergrin: