close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Now how in the heck does this work?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by repoman1984, Feb 25, 2010.

1. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    While googling on a boring afternoon I find pics of what appears to be a glock select fire device. I'm staring at it for about 15 minutes and have no idea how it works. I know the little stationary post presses down the cruciform when the action closes but how that switch selects firing mode is giving me a headache. Obviously that switch rotates the cam on the other side but what would that do?:dunno:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Once you can legally buy one it will be obvious to you as you look at how yours works.

3. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Jun 13, 2000
    South Texas
    We are not going to tell you how it works, even if we knew. You cant have one anyways so it's moot.

4. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    oh I know I have no intention of crossing the alphabet gang I'm just the jerk who reads up on proton accelerators even though I'll probably never be in the same state as one.

ok I THINK I figured it out the rotating peice forces itself against the upper recess of the slide backplate area making the entire gizmo shift down engaging the post into the cruciform

5. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Firefighter/EMT

May 17, 2005
    Land O lakes, FL
    A guy from a NFA friendly country outside the US just build one from those bluprints. Goto www.silencertalk.com and check the NFA forum for his postings. very cool, wish we could have such toys as civi's.

6. hamburger

hamburger

Dec 18, 2009
    sorry, wrong post.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  7. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Exactly what it does, except that lower bar gets moved fore and aft instead of up and down.

Wanna see the patent application, including diagrams, dimensions, and text describing function, operation, and design?

http://www.jassing.com/josh/Binaries/autoglk.pdf

8. beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Feb 4, 2010
    Bristol, Tn
    How helpful:upeyes: