close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Notch in PM9 frame rail??!!

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by GSarmed, Jun 6, 2006.

1. GSarmed

GSarmed

Apr 28, 2006
    Hello folks, I need some help here. When I remove the slide from the frame, and the two steel inserts are visible at the front of the frame I see a notch towards the top of the left front rail. I first noticed this notch after I shot the 200 break-in rounds. I did not notice the notch when I field stripped the pistol to clean it when I first got the gun. Anyone else see this type of a notch in their PM9? I asked Kahr about it and the answer I received is that "they are all like that". Anyone with a PM9 see this notch in their gun? All feedback is appreciated. I tried to post a picture 6 times and I keep getting a Glock Forum error. It is extremely frustrating as a picture is worth a 1000 words.

2. BulletTime

BulletTime

Jan 1, 2006
    MO
    My PM9 has the same notch.
    I read on this forum that it is normal.

BulletTime

3. kahrak

kahrak

Mar 12, 2006
    Mine has it too, my guess is that its a defect in their tooling. Doesn't affect function in any way though.

4. Article2

Article2

Jul 25, 2004
  5. Howdy All:

My Kahr PM 9mm (VA59XX) has digested flawlessly 6,000+ rounds and has the same notch.

Tough Guy Levi

6. GSarmed

GSarmed

Apr 28, 2006
    Well that is real good news. Thanks to all for clearing that up for me. I did Google "PM9 notch in frame rail" but turned up nothing. In any case, thanks again, and shoot straight.

7. Bladerunner747

Bladerunner747

May 6, 2007
    Pheeww!!! Thanks guys, I just got my PM9, shot a perfect 300 rounds of 6 different types of ammo, including Ranger "T" +P. No problems with anything, perfect functioning! I went to clean it, and saw this notch on same place as you guys report, I thought "Oh s&@&t, I got a bum gun", and rushed to my computer to find out.
    Thanks for the info. I feel better now!
    Enjoy your Kahr PM9!!! :wavey:

8. wagonm

wagonm

Jul 28, 2009
    WA
    Kahrak - I think you gotta think positive about the gun you own :cool:

A notch or an indent etc... can be just an index (for alignment etc..) for production process, etc...

Enjoy it and shoot like you stole it :supergrin:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. Cowart

Cowart

Jun 8, 2008
  10. triggerman357

triggerman357

Oct 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Good stuff. I just noticed mine has the same notch.

11. LittleRed

LittleRed Go Big Red

Oct 26, 2006
    Nebraska
    My CW9 also has the same notch. It must be Kahr thing.